• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RCC's latest activity

• RCC replied to the thread Ramblings of life long Ford man.
    Best looking Vdub of all was Carmen Ghia. Never got to drive one but heard it's sporty little car. When Ghias was still made I read...
    Had ton of fun in beetle bus camper....😄
    All the VW chitchat made me long to see old 66 Campmobile. Found identical one on internet.
    • campmobile2.jpg
    Campmobile has at least 3x more interior space than Beatle. Took long time to warm up. Installed 12v electric heater under dash to break...
  • RCC replied to the thread ROLLFM II.
    That's what I get for not heeding dear ol' granny's wisdom. She told me "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". 😏
    You ain't lying RobbieD. 64 beatle drum brakes were not built for off-road. Flipping kill switch in first gear was most reliable way to...
    Gee, you guys are brutal. Truth is I only started new thread cause scrolling to end of other one tired my old fingers out. 🥴
    Back in 80s, friend built trail rail outta 64 Beatle floor pan, front/rear suspension and 1½" cold steel pipe. Ran homemade pipe open...
    Our fathers may have crossed paths mikkelstuff. Mine went ashore at Utah beach on D-Day and fought his way to Berlin. Good soldier...
    Never put stop leak in any of my vehicles. Seen blocks and radiators plugged up by it. Friend recommended Bar's Liquid Aluminum. Fixed...
  • RCC posted the thread ROLLFM II in General Discussions.
    Original thread got too long and convoluted. Time for new chapter of rambling. My four-oh had slow coolant drip at timing cover. I...
    HS gear head buddy was retired military brat too. We spent more time at Charleston AFB auto hobby shop messing with cars than studying...
    That brought back a lotta memories superj. Dad was retired Army so I got to use air force base auto hobby shop in HS. It had full...
    Said tuff, not bulletproof. Run piss outta them, never change oil or do routine maintenance and something will break. Rebuilt lots of...
    Old VDub air cooled 4 bangers were easy to work on and tuff as two bit steak. Hardest part was breaking and retorquing big flywheel nut...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad