• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Peter Griffin

1. Peter Griffin

MY build thread...'88 Bronco II Desert Rat Patrol Edition: 1/26/24 update!

With my clogged catalytic converter issue addressed I was hoping to see a couple of things out of my next tank of gas. I didn't set the bar too high; just realistic... The exhaust note didn't change significantly so that wasn't an issue. It's ever so slightly "louder" than previously but at...
  2. Peter Griffin

With all the help and encouragement everyone here has given me I'm both motivated and do not want to disappoint y'all! I had a win the other day. When I picked the truck up from the transmission shop they said they had to jump it because it was sitting too long and tested the battery and said...
  3. Peter Griffin

I Raptor lined the stock/OEM mirrors yesterday. I cleaned, scuffed, sprayed adhesive promoter, and 2 thin layers of an acid etching primer. Whipped out the spray can of Raptor which was FIFTY dollars 🙀 and went to work. Plan was for two light coats. First coat went on light enough, but I...
  4. Peter Griffin

Although not a big deal, it's been driving me nuts as I'm an attention to detail guy, and having the subwoofer remote volume knob and rear-view camera not mounted/fixed anywhere was unacceptable. Mounting the rear view camera to the windshield is a non-starter as summer temps can peak over 115...
  5. Peter Griffin

I'm trying! 🥵 Once I get cut next month (or whenever the surgery is "authorized" by the purses string holders...because my surgeon's opinion on the immediate necessity is secondary to their authority...but anyway!) I'll be down for the better part of the rest of the year so if I want to get...
  6. Peter Griffin

I had to have my buddy that Raptor-lined the exterior wrap up some finishing touches, including fixing/sealing the passenger-side rain gutter rail that turn my glovebox and footwell into a fish tank! We don't get much rain here, but when we do it's pretty gnarly and with all the interior work I...
  7. Peter Griffin

UPDATE! And, as usual, a mixed bag... I brought it back to the transmission shop for it's break-in/warranty check up (it did have a leak...) and asked if they would cut me some new transmission cooler lines (where they go into the driver's side of the radiator) since they weren't happy with...
  8. Peter Griffin

It has new cap, rotor, coil, wires, plugs and an O2 sensor...not sure if there's any injector issues so that's something else I can take a look at. I'm just spitballing at the moment as it's sitting in the transmission shop waiting on a seal for the transfer case that went south on the rebuild...
  9. Peter Griffin

I'm still plugging away here...couple of updates, long story short it's still a work in progress! Transmission shop (pity you can't say "tranny" shop or fluid anymore...anyway...) wanted it back for a 500 mile checkup. I was fairly certain from my driveway that it had a very mild leak of some...
  10. Peter Griffin

Update... I have a love/hate relationship with e-fans honestly. While my experience is anecdotal of course, the last time I tried one it almost burnt my vehicle to the ground and left me stranded on a cross country trip with my wife, two kids and a trailer full of very expensive custom...
  11. Peter Griffin

To quote Ed McMahon, as he would say to Johnny Carson... You are correct Sir! :LOL:
  12. Peter Griffin

I get the relationship between HP and torque and I try not to bench race dyno sheets, etc. I always love it when guys add up the HP/torque gains on the box of the stuff they bought, add that to the factory rating and then state their "new" power ratings... :ROFLMAO: I have a mild/modest body...
  13. Peter Griffin

I checked it before and I'm pretty sure it was 4.10s...? When you look at the HP ratings of the 2.9 versus 4.0 and it's a 20 HP difference, and I can see that I should be able to readily get that and arguably more than that for WAY less than the cost of a swap (for ME; I have to be myopic when...
  14. Peter Griffin

* I'd note that when I say an honest additional 30 RWHP, I mean over what I have now....while the motor compression tested well within factory specs I'm sure it's short of it's original "glory"! :ROFLMAO: In a vehicle this light I think you'd likely notice 10-15 HP pretty easily, 20-25 that...
  15. Peter Griffin

Update... The good news is that my completely rebuilt transmission and transfer case along with a new drive shaft are in and I got the truck back the other day. The better news is it was significantly less expensive than their initial quote, which exceeded the purchase price of the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad