• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by PacoTaco1000

1. PacoTaco1000

Rebuilt motor running rich

Glad to hear it! Now for the fun break in process lol! That’s a good looking ‘90. Glad i could help you out in your diagnosis, seems like a few of the parts for these get a little mixed up, just gotta be careful what you find, i’ve found having an OE part number really goes a long way!
  2. PacoTaco1000

Rebuilt motor running rich

I went with the Napa recommended injectors. Part No. CRB 2-18066 ans she fired right up and ran perfectly, was a little off on timing but ran perfectly.
  3. PacoTaco1000

Meet my 88’ project Bronco

Thanks! It’s been a fun journey so far and a wonderful first truck
  4. PacoTaco1000

here’s a few photos I took when I went down to a lake, I’ve got a tire cover on the way to help complete the look, think I might switch out the side mirrors too, I love the look of the larger ones more than the ones I have on now.
  5. PacoTaco1000

Thought i had more images of the rebuilt motor but all i have is this one of it going in. Painted it Ford Blue, just had to. Had it broken in and started up within a week of this photo. In the background on the left you can see my father’s B2, we’re also in the process of rebuilding his motor as...
  6. PacoTaco1000

After we got it back home, my father and I got to work on the truck, swapping out balljoints, in tank fuel pump (which wasn’t replaced), the front axle and u-joints, swapped out the hubs for manual lockers instead of automatics, even gapped the spark plugs since they weren’t gapped right. All of...
  7. PacoTaco1000

Last October, I was looking for my first vehicle and found this 88’ B2 for sale in Spokane, Washington on Facebook marketplace. My father taught me how to drive stick in his 88’ B2 That he bought a couple years ago to teach me and my siblings and I was looking for one of my own since hisgot me...
  8. PacoTaco1000

88 bronco II 6-speed Transmission swap

Good to know, thanks!
  9. PacoTaco1000

Good to know. If I were to swap my FM145 for the M5od would that do much for my 2.9 my plan is to swap to the 4.0 regardless just a matter of the order in which i do
  10. PacoTaco1000

Well thanks for the help lol, I suppose i’d be expecting slightly better out of the 4.0 then huh?
  11. PacoTaco1000

Thanks for the input! Is there a tranny that has more efficient gearing than my FM145 or is it more an engine issue then? I reach 70 and i’m right at 2,500RPM’s and i’m just looking for better fuel economy and trying not to overwork my motor either on my drives down to Iowa
  12. PacoTaco1000

Is this just something not common or completely ludicrous? Is there some sort of a mod i’d have to do to fit one?
  13. PacoTaco1000

I’ve been looking around trying to find anything on a transmission swap for a Bronco II and haven’t found anything. Has anyone done a 6-speed in a little b2? I’m currently running my stock FM145 5-speed on my freshly rebuilt 2.9l. I plan on swapping to the 4.0l after my motor goes and saw that...
  14. PacoTaco1000

2021 Bronco Vs 1988 B2

Thanks! Got in last fall in Spokane WA, had a few mechanical and electrical problems but, after a solid winter of work, a freshly rebuilt motor, and 900 miles now, she’s good as new!
  15. PacoTaco1000

2021 Bronco Vs 1988 B2

Successfully too. There’s been big Jeep off roaders who have gotten into a full size and been greatly impressed to the point that they’ve purchased Broncos, we’ll see who sticks with it though, some of these new features they’ve got are gonna be huge in this fight

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad