• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by outomyelement

1. outomyelement

New Wheel Bearings -- Reccos?

I'm going to replace my front rotor, wheel bearings and brakes. Anyone have any recommendations for wheel bearings? Would there really be any difference between an factory bearing and a performance bearing (which i have not been able to find)? 1995 2WD Ranger.... Also, dumb question. I have the...
  2. outomyelement

Intermittent squealing when bouncing

So, a) I know I need to change my brakes because they are squealing, but i noticed today that sometimes when my truck hits a light bump, i'll hear a similar squeal. It'll come in and out intermittently. I know it's vague and i'll do more investigation this weekend, but anyone else had a...
  3. outomyelement

How to tell if you have ABS?

Hello, i've got a 1995 Ford Ranger, regular cab, 2.3L. How do I tell if I have rear ABS? Thanks!!
  4. outomyelement

Lame question? Seat belt extender

I just bought a seat belt extender for the passenger side seat and it gives a warning to never install it on the buckling side and that it may result in serious injury or death. Why is this?? I got it specifically for the buckling side. ?
  5. outomyelement

Alignment Slug Needed?

I've got a 1995 Ford Ranger XL with front disc and rear drum brakes. Last time I went to get my wheels aligned they said I needed a 'slug' to align the wheels properly, and that one wheel already had one. The price seemed astronomical to me since they already had the wheels off (new tires) so I...
  6. outomyelement

Dash Lights out when headlight switch flipped

My dash lights work when the switch is in the 'parking' mode (2nd position, headlights off) but when I switch it into 3rd position (headlights on) the dash lights go out and the headlights go on. Normally, of course, the dash lights and headlights go on in 3rd position. I've checked all the...
  7. outomyelement

Voltage Stablizer Install Results

Hey all, i just installed a voltage stabilizer and I noticed a few things. Pros: My stereo light is brighter and consistent (its old and I don't use it for anything other than the time). My headlight brightness doesn't fluctuate with the RPMS. My dash lights are brighter and even. Cons...
  8. outomyelement

FatMat (sound deadner) install w/ photos!

Hell all, just completed my install. Wrote a detail/tutorial. Enjoy! :headbang: ------------------- background: I wanted a quieter ride. I do sales so it gets too loud to hear my speakerphone on the road. ETA: if you're efficient - 8-13 hours It took me about 2 days...
  9. outomyelement

Broken bolt in engine - help!

I turned on the car this morning and heard a funny noise... found out it was a bolt that broke off on in the engine! It's right near the AC compressor. See attached photos. 2 questions: 1) would Autozone or Napa have a replacement and 2) would I be safe temporarily driving this if the other...
  10. outomyelement

That time to replace plugs and wires... coil pack?

Hey all, i'm getting ready to replace my wires and plugs and wondered if anyone had any thoughts about replacing the coil pack as well? Has anyone had better fuel mileage/HP experience with this? Thanks!
  11. outomyelement

What size of tarus electric fan?

Hey, i'm looking at electric fans for a 95 2.3L. What size, 16" or 17"? Thanks!
  12. outomyelement

Will a bigger alternator work? Power in the bed...

Hey all, I'm trying to figure out an inexpensive way to add batteries in a toolbox in the bed with an inverter for tools and an AC system for the bed. Can I either 1) divert some alternator power to charge a few deep cycle batteries in the bed, and if so, will I need a larger alternator, or 2)...
  13. outomyelement

Removed Alarm now I have electrical problems

I had previously posted about a few electrical issues I have, and I believe the reason is due to an alarm that was previously removed. Background::annoyed: I left for vacation from work, and came back to find my battery dead. I found out that there was an alarm that was installed and partially...
  14. outomyelement

Running wires through firewall and switches

Running wires through firewall and engine kill switch Hello all, I'm trying to run a couple of sets of wires through the firewall, and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions about the best place to push through. I can't seem to verify any access from the inside or from the engine bay...
  15. outomyelement

1995 Ranger, 02 sensors, MAF & hydroxy

Hello all, I'm installing a hydroxy system in my truck and have a couple of questions... In order to allow the truck to accept the hydroxy (i.e. burn cleaner, use less fuel), I have to fool the engine computer's readings of the MAF and o2 sensor(s). The primary goal is to make the computer...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad