• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by onecrazyblackredneck

1. Here we go again!

So while I am driving home, my truck start vibrating under load, then if I let off the gas I hear a grinding squiling kinda noise, if I press the clutch in, it stops! If its in gear and I hit the gas it jerks pretty hard and when I let off the gas it jerks pretty hard, is this a throw out...
  2. Is my motor shot

So this morning it was raining really bad but I made it to work. On the ride home, the truck would bog down every now and then, I just dropped it into third gear and it would eventually gain power back. It did this off and on the whole way home ( 25 miles). Now it will just turn over and it...
  3. Stx

What are the obvious things to look for to determine whether you have an stx high rider or not. WHen I bought mine, it sat higher than a buddies but I can tfigure out if its a high rider or not. I would like to find out before I buy my lift kit...thanks
  4. Body Lift

So I am about to tackle putting a body lift and new body mounts in.......I have been doing some reading and it looks like the mounts are gonna be a bitch to get out...I am just wondering what the best way is to get them out from some experienced people...I have read drilling them out or using a...
  5. Prop Shaft Yoke

Does anyone have any experience changing one of these out? I have replaced all the Ujoints and still have a lot of place, I noticed when I took the driveshaft down and looked at the prop shaft yoke, it looked worn out so I am assuming I need a new one, where the hell can I get it?? I have went...
  6. Opinions Please

I am trying to figure out what lift to go with, How bad will 31's & 33's kill my power and my mileage! 88 2.9 5spd!
  7. Got another problem

On my 88 4wd, there is a clicking rattling noise around 15 mphs, I replaced all three Ujoints and that didnt help! Today while I was driving I slowed down to around 15 when it starts making the noise and pressed the clutch and gave it a little gas and it stopped. So to me that is something int...
  8. Should I replace the whole sending unit

So my gauge isnt working, I am assuming it is the float. Since I am going to be dropping the tank, should I replace the whole unit pump assembly or just replace the float? The assembly is 100 bucks but I am thinking if I ahve it all down I mine as well replace it all. What do yall think? Also...
  9. just bought a 2.9

So i just bought a 88 ranger with a 2.9 4wd 5spd. i drove it abouot 15 minutes and then got on the interstate. drove about 5 minutes and it started to lose power, i pulled off in the gas station, the fuel gauge doesnt work, and filled up it only took 3 bucks. got back in the truck and it wouldnt...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad