• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Noxious

1. [RESOLVED] 1997 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4 - Drivetrain Stutter Issue

Issue resolved! Greasing the slip jointon the rear drive shaft fixed the issue. Thank you for your help! Hear is the video confirming the issue. Notice the popping of the slip joint which should slide smoothly.
  2. [RESOLVED] 1997 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4 - Drivetrain Stutter Issue

Not yet, I just picked up a magnetic mount for my gopro, going to try and see if I see anything moving from different angles.
  3. [RESOLVED] 1997 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4 - Drivetrain Stutter Issue

I appreciate the thought. It is so perfectly repeatable that I'm ruling that out. Also, I engaged 4wd high and repeated my test and I cannot detect the issue while 4wd high is engaged. Issue returns when switching back to 2wd. If this is the case, it would rule out engine and transmission...
  4. [RESOLVED] 1997 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4 - Drivetrain Stutter Issue

Greetings! am hoping y'all can help offer some potential advice because I am at a loss. My '97 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4 with a manual 5 speed (not lifted) has what I am calling a "stutter" on takeoff. After the clutch is fully engaged (and after a deceleration event), if I accelerate spiritedly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad