• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by NCHammer

1. Ball joints

Does anyone that installed spindle lights and grind down the LCA know what to do about the ball joints? I think they’re all loose, might be time to replace. I’m afraid that if I do, they’ll just loosen up again and break over time
  2. Moderate to violent shaking

It is a spindle lift. And I had to grind a good bit. and a second time, I had to grind more. But it fits well now. I don’t know why the mechanic would say it’s not right
  3. Moderate to violent shaking

Well I took it in for an alignment today and the guy said they won’t touch it because “the lift is not right for the truck” because the control arm was ground down and he said the ball joints are loose. Said if the control arm has to be ground down then the lift is not right for the truck. Not...
  4. Moderate to violent shaking

It does not go away the faster I go. More I accelerate, the more the truck shakes
  5. Moderate to violent shaking

I never found a leak. Refilled the reservoir Wednesday and the coolant is still full. I’m also not getting check engine light, no codes
  6. Moderate to violent shaking

I’ve driven on the highway 3 times in the last week or so and each time when I get up to OD around 55-60 mph when going up slight inclines the truck shakes and vibrates. Today it also did a little in 4th gear. Sometimes it’s not even when going uphill. I replaced my tires and wheels, so all...
  7. Front (?) and rear shocks

So I've seen different opinions on whether the front needs new shocks after a 4" spindle lift, do I need to grab some, can I keep the old ones on or should I replace with just new stock shocks? The rear is sitting on 2" blocks right now and I'm going to replace the shackles to add either 1" or...
  8. Truck won’t drive after spindle install

that and near the top of the spindle. I got 265/75/16s offset and now have no issue. Thanks
  9. Truck won’t drive after spindle install

Seems like both. A little difficult when the caliper goes back on. The description of the spindle said it fits with 15” or higher wheels, mine are 15, but the spindle and the tie rod are touching the wheel, so I got 4 new tires and 16” wheels a week earlier than expected
  10. Truck won’t drive after spindle install

When I remove the tire and caliper the rotor has free movement
  11. Truck won’t drive after spindle install

I loosened the lug nuts a little and there’s slight movement. I also noticed my wheel weights scrape the tie rod
  12. Truck won’t drive after spindle install

I finished installing the 4” spindles, I did trim the LCA so they fit properly. Now the truck doesn’t seem to wanna move. The tie rod end looks like it’s touching the inside of the wheel but I’m not sure if that’s what’s causing the issue. I turn the truck on, take park brake off, put it in...
  13. trimming lower control arm

hey, I'm swapping spindles to give a 4" lift, what tools have y'all used to trim the control arm so that the new spindle fits right with turn radius intact? I really don't want to spend a lot on a tool I won't use often, and I already have a dremel but I burned through the heads for "metal...
  14. replacing spindles

When I swap out the spindles in the front to add lift, what else should I/do I need to go ahead and replace? bearings, washers, spacers, etc.
  15. Spindle and shackle lift

is my best luck looking on ebay or stick to sites like summit?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad