• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mysticclam

1. 4.0 nearly constant high pitched whine

Well I went out to move the truck this morning and the noise was gone. It was there when I shut it off a couple days earlier???. It was not the break booster as it made the noise disconnected. It's definitely vacuum causing it as it would go away when manifold vacuum was low like when you...
  2. Started without oil.

Ouch. Take that guy to court. Had a buddy drive home from work in 76 302 mustang with no oil pressure. 5 or 6 miles. He figured it would be ok and was probably just low. We found the drive shaft to the oil pump completely broken in two. Car went on for years after that. My brother had the oil...
  3. 4.0 nearly constant high pitched whine

So I still cant identify the source of this sound. Its present with the serpentine belt off so its not an accessory Im 99 percent sure its a tiny vacuum leak it sounds like it and the only thing that makes it go away or change (and only for a second) is to abruptly open the throttle (creating...
  4. 4.0 nearly constant high pitched whine

1997 ranger 4.0. Driving down the road suddenly out of the blue, high pitched whine. It is pretty loud. Engine speed doesnt change it really but load does. If you floor it the noise goes away and fades back in pretty quickly. exactly the way the needle on a vacuum gauge would drop when the...
  5. Does this sound like a destroyed engine?

A friend of mine with a 2.5L said he was driving home when his truck "just shut off" It wouldnt retart so he had it towed home. I went to look at it yesterday and the battery was fully charged. When you turn the key there is a loud clack from the starter then no sound. As long as you turn the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad