• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mxminiracer99

1. Needing 4.0 Supercharger Info

Im here to learn, as im trying to buy a complete engine 4.0 OHV thats been rebuilt with a supercharger and wondering what else is needed to make it runs, engine was built and never put into the truck and has been sitting in a crate for years, im mechanically inclined and know all about N/A, not...
  2. 5 speed conversion from mazda b4000

The mazda is a 94 and my ranger a 99, is dont have to go through emissions, I can get the whole truck for 1000, didn't know if i was wasting my money and time with it
  3. 5 speed conversion from mazda b4000

After rebuilding my auto trans and its still not working the way that I want it to, i want to put a 5 speed in it, I found a mazda b4000 for a decent price, can I pull what I need from that to put in my truck or are the ranger and mazda different thanks in advance
  4. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

I have had other rangers and driven other rangers and had multiple vehicles and this truck just doesn't go, when I had first gotton the truck, it never lacked that bad, I got the truck for free, and fixed a bunch of issues and its been great, except it just has no pulling power when you hold it...
  5. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

From a dead stop at shifts fine, but when you roll on the throttle it 50-60mph or push it through the firewall it down shifts and revs out that gear and wont shift till I let off half throttle, so irritating
  6. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

Bad news I spoke too soon. After driving for a couple weeks, it still wont up shift when its wide open throttle, half throttle everything shifts fine, i also feel like it should pull harder then it does, i dont understand. Everything looked pretty good inside, so im waiting for my lane pressure...
  7. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

So finally I have any update on my transmission, i pulled it out and tore it all apart, the three issues I found, #1 the reverse piston had a blown out gasket, #2 the valve body has a blown out gasket, and #3 the first coast drum when you pull it apart had a bad gear thing, I ordered parts, the...
  8. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

Waiting for my rebuild kit to show up and do everything at once, im hoping to so it all this weekend
  9. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

So my new valve body assembly with shift kit came in along with my deep oil pan, if worse comes to worse ill buy the damn rebuild kit for $500 and take vaca time to rebuild it myself
  10. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

I'd love to but where i live you cant find any 5 speeds
  11. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

As im driving to work now, its shifting through the gears, and after each shift it revs up a bit, maybe cause its cold
  12. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

So they transmission didn't do a flush, just a new filter and fluid, but I had also done that 20k before, he thought maybe the cat were clogged so he suggested I remove the front o2 sensors and see uf that helped, so i did that right there in their lot and took it for a test drive and still felt...
  13. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

With the truck having 192k on original trans can is do the rebuilt valve body with shift kit and new selenoids and it wont be a problem, they shop said not to cause it with up the line pressure and break stuff
  14. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

I was also ready to buy a new trans and replace myself, thats not a problem, I just dont have the time to rebuild my trans, but I would like to put a new valve body and shift kit, I could do that myself, I do know that i have a lift tick and was going to put the 1.7 morana kit in it with stage 2...
  15. Not sure what i should do with my 5r55e

My 99 is stock height and tires for now

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad