• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mxboy349

1. 95 Still Rough/Hunting IDLE

Tried removing EGR value and tube from exhaust manifold and Intake pretty much fell apart they were so rusty. Patched up the intake pipe with high temp epoxy. Couldn't get the fitting lose on the exhaust manifold and gave up before I tore up something else. Long story short, EGR system is...
  2. 95 Still Rough/Hunting IDLE

95 4.0 4wd manual, I am the original owner. On Start up the idle will rev up to 1500-2000rpm then settle down to 1000, then drop to 700-800 and idle like it has a cam and will almost die if I don't give it some gas. Drives fine, full power, but when stopping in neutral at a stop like the idle...
  3. 95 4.0 Rough and random idle

Well here is where I am at with this. Still running rough at idle, likes to almost die, smells like it's running rich at idle. I have replaced the following Temp Sensor - the 2 wire one. IAC is new MAF Sensor Checked for vacuum leaks just about everywhere New Plugs, Wires. I have done the...
  4. 95 8.8 LSD Oil Change

Castrol 80w-90 Limited Slip GL-5 is what I got.
  5. 95 8.8 LSD Oil Change

Changing the oil in my 95 8.8 LSD. I got 80w-90 "Limited Slip" oil. Do I need the friction modifier?
  6. 95 4.0 Rough and random idle

Well thermostat didn't solve the issue, but it didn't hurt to replace everything as hoses were pretty soft. I am pretty sure heater hoses were original. Still idles rough and randomly drops to 500rpm and almost dies. I am going to do some vac line checking and EGR system checking next.
  7. 95 4.0 Rough and random idle

Unplugged the IAC when I got home after a 20 minute stop and go drive home. Engine was well warm. The idle definitely changed and was rough, but not down to 500, when I plugged back in the idle smoothed out. I repeated the unplug again after a minute or two and this time it died. Temperature...
  8. 95 4.0 Rough and random idle

I have a 4.0 that idles high, 1100-1200ish rpm, then will drop and rough idle 800-900rpm where it will almost die. I have replaced all vac lines with new, new plugs and wires, new Idle control valve, no dash lights. Where should I look next? Truck has plenty of power, no real hesitation, just...
  9. Compatible Rear Axle

Here is what it sounds like with the wheels off the ground YouTube Vid
  10. Compatible Rear Axle

I'm scared as to what my gears look like :unsure:. I have never really towed anything heavy, but it's been neglected. I will find out when I tear into it.
  11. Compatible Rear Axle

It's a 95 SuperCab, 2 piece drive shaft, I am the original owner. It's not leaking but slight seepage around the cover. It is a LS 3.73 the code on the door tag is R6. I think pinion bearings are shot, truck was driven for longer than it should have been with a bad carrier bearing and stiff...
  12. Compatible Rear Axle

None other than when I was replacing u-joints the input shaft had rather large amount of play before the wheels would move or if I rotated the wheels the input shaft would not move. Pretty distinct clunk when doing so. Have a bit of "bucking" when driving in low RPM in any given gear, if that...
  13. Compatible Rear Axle

I have a 95 4.0, rear diff has a ton of backlash. I'd like to find a rear end at a salvage yard and have it rebuilt before pulling mine out. What compatible vehicles should I look for?
  14. Engine Damper

Anyone know a source for this thing? Engine Damper hanging off the AC/Powersteering Bracket. Mine is obviously toast.
  15. 95 4WD Pitman Arm

Rebuilt entire front end on my truck. New everything. Got it all back together and it seems the steering box is done, ton of play in the steering wheel. Thought it might be the rag joint but it still looks good. I pulled everything out today and it's definitely the steering box. No big deal can...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad