• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mrstix

1. mrstix

2002 mazda b3000

Wow, looks sweet. Got a 2003 B3000 for me and my son. This might give him something for inspiration. He already said he likes the lifted look vs the lowered that I tried to sell him on, lol. Also very interested on the Pro Audio system you mentioned. Does that mean you compete or just a full...
  2. mrstix

Fake Motorcraft parts?!? or legit??

Hey folks, From my previous thread and intro, you know I ordered some parts recently to start some maintenance on the truck. The part I was worried the most about is the Camshaft Synchronizer, as it is the single most expensive part. I ordered the Motorcraft DA2089 from Amazon...
  3. mrstix

This is driving me crazy! B3000 Flex Fuel

Ok, so I just purchased a good amount of stuff. I decided to order the Motorcraft SP500 spark plugs due to finding this on Motorcraft's website (parts.ford.com): Spark Plug Part #: SP500 (22F)Ford Motorcraft M200 Usages: 2001 - 2004, Ranger, Liter:3.0, Cylinder(s):6, BoreIn:3.5039...
  4. mrstix

Hey, it's Mr Stix (mrstix) from San Antonio, TX

Ok, so I just purchased a good amount of stuff. I decided to order the Motorcraft SP500 spark plugs due to finding this on Motorcraft's website (parts.ford.com): Spark Plug Part #: SP500 (22F)Ford Motorcraft M200 Usages: 2001 - 2004, Ranger, Liter:3.0, Cylinder(s):6, BoreIn:3.5039...
  5. mrstix

Any suggestions for a replacement? Rockauto has the brands I mentioned above under the Mazda tab. But they do have a Motorcraft under the '03 Ford Ranger tab..at a whopping $106!! I would consider it if I knew for sure it was compatible. They also have some available at local auto parts store...
  6. mrstix

Ah, thanks for the advice. I'm going to start with the new plugs and wires because I haven't done it before, it should be a useful project to do with my boy so we both learn, and that way I know it's been done. I will most likely be purchasing all sorts of clean out chemicals along the way...
  7. mrstix

Thanks! I don't want to sell myself short either. I've found that a lot of the skills I have from work transfer over to many different projects. Switching from Home Theater to appliances was a struggle, but now I look at a lot of things differently and find myself tackling a lot more DIY projects.
  8. mrstix

The first thing we did was replace the Serpentine belt and tensioner pulley assembly. There was an annoying and loud squeaking noise that had to go. My son was like, what is that, lol. He has been blessed to be around newer cars most of his life, but I feel he will learn a lot from this truck...
  9. mrstix

Hey everyone! I have already used this forum a bunch since I have purchased our 2003 Mazda B3000 FFV. It has been a struggle finding info for this year as a lot of recommended parts have either been discontinued or changed to other parts, but I'll go into that more in a bit. I was looking for...
  10. mrstix

So first, let me say thanks to all who responded, especially RonD. I have looked at a lot (a lot) of threads that have posts dated over many years, and they have been on a handful of different forums, and I have seen RonD's name popup responding to spark plug threads that start out just like...
  11. mrstix

Yes, it looks like they recommend the 104's for my year, and the 103's/104's for the 99ish rangers with the 103's for Flex fuel model. Not sure what the change was that called for the hotter plugs but I think I'm going to go with the app104 or xp104 for my '03.
  12. mrstix

Finally! well sort of. Linking this here as it took quite a bit of searching to find. It seems to at least provide a correct conversion for the new plugs: http://spautoparts.com/documents/MotorcraftSparkPlugs.pdf The SP-500 is a replacement for AGSF22FM The SP-495 is a replacement for...
  13. mrstix

So I guess what I'm trying to do is first, help myself, and then second, help any others for future searches. But what you're telling me is, right now, in 2020, the correct Motorcraft spark plugs for a 2003 Mazda B3000 Flex Fuel (not that it matters, you mention) is the SP-500 and NOT the...
  14. mrstix

Hey, thanks for replying. I looked into that as well. The problem is there are multiple revisions, some that mention plugs and some that don't. The ones that do have parts that no longer exist. The issue as I understand it is that when replacement parts were recommended, there was something...
  15. mrstix

Thank you guys for responding, Yes, the waste spark system. I've read about that and I think I've seen you post about it in other forums as well. But what I have seen is mention of a plug with 12FM in the part number, not 22FM as you mentioned. This is an excerpt from another thread I saw and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad