• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Moreflying

1. Throttle Body Cleaning

The 94 2.3 throttle body has a yellow and black sticker on it that says, "Do not clean the inside of the throttle body." The factory manual says, "The throttle body for this vehicle is a sludge resistant design and should not be cleaned." What's the deal with that? Is the inside of the throttle...
  2. Frozen Exhaust Bolts

Is using a torch on my 2.3 head to get exhaust bolts out going to damage or warp the head? I'm trying to cover a lot of bases as I begin my engine swap. Thanks.
  3. Remanufactured 2.3 Engines

So a while ago I mentioned that my rough Idle turned out to be low compression in 1 and 2. The leak down showed exhaust valves on those two cylinders to be leaking. I'm trying to figure plan of attack and looking at my options with 220k on the odometer. Option 1: Have my cylinder head...
  4. AC Flush

What are the DIY procedures for flushing the system if needed? I say if needed because my compressor has not failed but I will be removing my engine and taking out the AC components. In this case, is it still necessary to flush the system? I will be replacing the compressor as it is the...
  5. 3rd Gear Whine

Change the fluid an put a half qt of Hyperlube in the tranny in place of your total fluid change capacity and see if it helps. It could be the diff. though.
  6. I Found My Rough Idle Issue (Low Compression)

Well I thought I'd share my news. After a lot of poking around I got to the compression check and it's not good. #1 58 psi #2 100 psi #3 150 psi #4 150 psi. I'm off to do a leak down test. :icon_thumby: I hope it's a valve and not rings. Wet test didn't increase it but by a few psi. My guess...
  7. Show Off Turbo Set-up Pictures.

I would love to see some of the layouts you all have for the turbo setups and your supporting components as well. I don't have a turbo Ford, but I would think this would be a great thing to share pictures to show off that favorite turbo. I have a turbo but it's not a Ford. So here goes...
  8. Syncro Alignment Tool for 94 Ranger "California" model

I'm going to be doing my timing belt soon and would like to know if someone could give me a heads up on how this little gem..... Works with this .. I didn't use it the last time I did the timing belt and it might have a little something to do with my rough idle...maybe. Anyway any insight as...
  9. 4-cylinder MPG question

I get 26 mpg out of my 1994 2.3 on the hwy. Around town 22-23 or pushing it on the hwy.
  10. i unplug #3 plug wire and engine dies

I forgot to say this may be in the wrong sub forum...anyway I hope it works out.
  11. i unplug #3 plug wire and engine dies

I'd hook it all back up and check with a timing light to see if each bank is firing. If not...I'd take a look at the ignition control module. It may be bad. You should be getting CEL on though if this is the case for mutiple misfire.
  12. Catalytic Converter Questions

I live in California and have a few questions on converters for my 94 2.3L Ranger . 1. Is it legal to replace my own converter or does a shop have to do it? 2. Does a converter have a useful life? I've read they are able to last the life of the vehicle. I have a smog coming up and the last...
  13. Heli Ranger

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad