• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mmguy

1. mmguy

Fuel Pressure 2.3

Alright checked fuel pressure and its at 32 at idle jumps to 40 when you give gas.This is suposse to be within specs. However I am never happy so your thoughts please. I have changed plugs,wires,coil packs, timing belt, and tenisior,cleaned a lot of stuff. now has a empty cat and a Flowmaster...
  2. mmguy

Help and Help

Still checking some other things but some new ideas might help. I have 96 with the 2.3 and it started to act up a week ago.It starts right up and idles ok for a couple mins than the idle drops down like it is going to die and starts running rough if I speed it up it will idle fine again for a...
  3. mmguy

Mass air flow

Before I spend the money to replace this let me get some thoughts. If I unplug my MAF the motor runs fine if I plug it in the RPMs drop and the motor fights to stay running. I have had probelms with power going up hill and the idle wanting to pick up when you come to a stop.I have made a few...
  4. mmguy

Hills

Need some opinions. I have a 96 2wd Ranger with a 2.3 and a 5 spd.The has 128,000 miles on it and runs just fine on level ground but if your up any type of hill the truck bogs down real bad.I have seafoam the intake and some in the tank. I have change plugs and wires. O2 sensors have been...
  5. mmguy

Another lift ?

Going to add a 3" PA lift to my 1996. Can I go with a 235x 15 or 31's.Keep in mind I have to also get wheels and I am on a very tight budget.Also I am cheap. I think the 14's I have would look good with a 3" lift:icon_rofl: Thanks
  6. mmguy

Torsion bar

Can any tell how to get torsion bar out of a 1997 jimmy or relax it? Need to remove lower A-arm. Thanks:dunno:
  7. mmguy

Advice

Getting everything together to re-do the front end of my 1997 Jimmy 4x4.There are a couple of things I could use some advice on.I will need to take the pressure off of the torsion bar. Can someone give me the right way to do this? Next the control arm bushings how hard are they to come...
  8. mmguy

Radius arm

Can anyone give a how to on changing the radius arm bushings? I have a 1996 2wd.Have a good idea what I am doing,however would like to here from someone who has done it. Thanks
  9. mmguy

Sticky Tach

The factory tach sticks sometimes.It wont move then after a little while it starts to work fine.Is there something I can do?Really dont want to take it apart. Thanks:icon_idea:
  10. mmguy

Bad loose steering

Anyone need advice I have a 1996 2wd and the steering is real loose.Just changed the tie-rods in and out, the sway bar bushings, the shocks and had it lined up. Ball joints check out ok and it has no control arms.The steering is real loose,so before I start looking at the gear box. Is there...
  11. mmguy

Loose Steering

Anyone need advice:icon_confused: I have a 1996 2wd and the steering is real loose.Just changed the tie-rods in and out, the sway bar bushings, the shocks and had it lined up. Ball joints check out ok and it has no control arms.The steering is real loose,so before I start looking at the gear...
  12. mmguy

Dnyomax

Anyone had any experience with the Dynomax exhaust system? Summit has a deal on a system from behind converter back. Had some say that it doesn't sound good and sounds cheap. Thoughts anyone.
  13. mmguy

Throttle cable mod

The set up on my truck seems to be diffrent. When I look under the dash it look different. Has anyone any thoughts on this?:dunno: It is a 1996 Ranger 2wd with a 2.3 and a reg cab. Thanks
  14. mmguy

Need advice

Looking to buy some aftermarket driving lights. Would like lights that light up pretty good for street and highway use and something that wont break the wallet. Can anyone give me some ideas what to buy and where to buy driving lights? Also a good mounting location? It is on a 96 Ranger 2 wd...
  15. mmguy

Truck pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47217094@N02/:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad