• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MikeInID

1. 86 Ranger running issues

OK so I know the title is pretty vague but I have a few different questions about an 86 ranger (2.3/tk5/2wd) I recently acquired. Now that finals are over I'll (hopefully) have enough time (and money!) to get all this sorted out. I started another thread about the coolant system temperature...
  2. Bad Radiator?

Hello everyone, This is my first time posting in about six months, but I'm back in the game after purchasing another Ranger (third one so far). I sold my previous one (87 2.3/tk5/2wd) around that time, which was probably a bad idea in retrospect. Just like that one, the 86 I bought about two...
  3. Differences in throttle bodies 88/89+?

So I'm kicking around the idea of adding a MAF and some kind of Stand-alone management to my 2.3 87' ranger in an effort to improve driveability and responsiveness to performance upgrades. On another board, i found a thread about adding MAFs and megasquirt to the 83-88 EFI systems used on the...
  4. ? about spacers

So I called around looking for the right-sized steel washers to make some 1" (1.5" lift) spacers for the front of my 2.3, 2wd '87 ranger and decided to get some feedback on a couple questions that came up first. The article in the tech library states that 1 3/8" i.d x 3" o.d. washers were used...
  5. 87 2.3 carb/duraspark conversion

Hey everybody, I just recently acquired a 1987 2wd Ranger with the 2.3/5 speed tk. I've had the truck a little less than a month and have finally nailed down a plan on sorting a couple things out. Having owned an RBV previously to this one, most of the stuff (suspension, interior, maintenance...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad