• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mike92STX

1. Mike92STX

Need schooled on da “Flareside” rangers yo!

I found a bed on marketplace that was noy too far away. It looked like it was in pretty good shape, but the guy had a buyer that was going to pick it up last Thursday and I couldn't make arrangements to get it that soon. On Tuesday I got a picture from my son of what looked like the bed in the...
  2. Mike92STX

Superj, will you deliver if I get one of those from Texas? I live in the north end of Illinois :) Lefty, yours looks good especially for Minnesota. That's the drawback with these steel beds covered with fiberglass, they look good on the outside and rusting away underneath. I was just looking...
  3. Mike92STX

My sons took my bed off yesterday and I got the filler hose replaced. That was actually the easy part. My bed bolts were rusted and most of them broke. With the bed off I could see that the bed is mostly rust, the front passenger side was held together by the spray in bed liner, the bolt in that...
  4. Mike92STX

One of you guys that are going to do all that work to your truck bed, have a flare side bed without the fiberglass sides you want to get rid of? I was going to pull my bed off to replace the rubber fuel line that goes from the fender to the tank, and I noticed my bed is really rusty. Most...
  5. Mike92STX

Stalled and didn't want to start?

Success, I replaced the ignition switch and that seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks to franklin2 for telling me twice to replace the ignition switch. Am I the only one that thought most vehicles had the power going through the ignition switch with the key in it that is now on the steering column?
  6. Mike92STX

I'm not sure which switch is the electrical switch. The one under the dash has a plug on it but I inspected it yesterday and I can't see any obvious problems. I replaced it once, but I don't remember what the problem was then. Do those wear out easy because it's only been a couple of years? My...
  7. Mike92STX

Best budget mods for 4x4 Ranger

Lefty, I got both the small led light bar and the switch box from SpeedTech Lights. They sell a bunch of emergency vehicle lights. They sell the off-road lights too.
  8. Mike92STX

I can't find the name of the company I got it from. I'll look some more and put it on here when I find it. I came with the 3 switches but one was spring loaded so you could push it and your light would come on only when the switch was pushed, I had them send me another regular on/off switch, the...
  9. Mike92STX

I got this switch online from a company that deals in lights for emergency vehicles. I figured it would be more dependable form them than one on Amazon. It looks a lot like the one I saw in a previous post. I bolted it to the housing the passenger side air bag switch is located but it is just...
  10. Mike92STX

Switching Cabs. Help!

There's a web site called Car-parts.com where you can check junk yards for parts you want. It covers the whole country by state or by area.
  11. Mike92STX

My 04 Ranger with a 4.0 stalled when I was taking off from a red light. When I tried to start it, didn't do anything. I tried a few times and on the last try I let the key turn back from the start position just a little and it started. Anyone have an idea what causes this problem? It did it once...
  12. Mike92STX

No Red line on tach

Wow, I got a lot of input on this one. It's a remanufactured motor so I'm not going to take up to any of the maximum RPM. It is nice to know the highest RPM that is recommended, I have a couple of motorcycles and one of them I use to run it up to maximum RPM regularly. I'm older now but I'm...
  13. Mike92STX

No Red line on tach

I have a 2004 Ranger FX4, it has a manual trans. Can someone tell me why they didn't put a red line on the tach? The exhaust is so quiet I can't hear the motor good enough sometimes to tell when it's time to shift. It's not a real problem, just curious if anyone knows the reason. A guy I work...
  14. Mike92STX

Vibration while accelerating in 2nd gear.

When I did my first inspection checked the u-joints by spinning the drive shaft and trying to move the u-joints and didn't notice any unusual movement. Yesterday I changed the fluid in the rear end, I turned the whole drive train using the ring gear to inspect the gears in the rear end, didn't...
  15. Mike92STX

Vibration while accelerating in 2nd gear.

I checked the universal joints, and they didn't appear to have any movement. I have a 1-piece drive shaft. I'm going out to change the lube in the rear end in a few minutes. If it looks OK, as in normal wear I'll take a closer look at the universal joints. I haven't noticed any vibration in the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad