• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mike92STX

1. Mike92STX

What size fan in a 92 Ranger 4.0l

I had a 92 4.0 with a 9-inch lift that I had a lot of problems with running hot. Tried 2 electric fans and the regular fan at the same time, I little better but not the way it was supposed to be. I got a new clutch for the stock fan and also got a shroud that wasn't cut up ( by previous owner)...
  2. Mike92STX

Temperature sensors leaking

Oops, yes sir as I said near the end it wasn't leaking any more. Funny how to letters can mean so much 😀 Thanks again for your advice.
  3. Mike92STX

Dillardooo, I tried channel locks and I couldn't get them around the lower part of the pipe , I didn't want to damage the barb. It is leaking now but if it starts I'll use the rag. Thanks for pointing out that the pipe was screwed in that was the big issue with the leaking. Drove it about 10...
  4. Mike92STX

I got it back together around 5:30 . I didn't run it to see if it was still leaking because I wanted to let the RTV dry. When I took it apart I was able to unscrew the pipe with my fingers. I tried to tighten it but couldn't get anything to it so it's just a little more than hand tight but...
  5. Mike92STX

Thank you that looks like the housing I have so I will give that a try later today. When I tried to tighten the clamp on the small hose it seemed like the hose was turning on the pipe, I was thinking it was because the wider part of the pipe was to big so it wasn't tightening down enough.
  6. Mike92STX

The hose is new but I will check it to be sure. The housing is aluminum and the pipe coming out of it looks smooth maybe too smooth. I'm concerned that the housing and pipe aren't sealed good enough. It's hard to tell because the coolant is forming right under the rubber that is close to the...
  7. Mike92STX

Well, when I took it for a drive today, I noticed some steam coming out behind me when I took off from a stop. It looks like the small hose coming off the top of the thermostat housing is leaking a little. Is there a way to seal it better the hose is new, and I didn't want to tighten it too much...
  8. Mike92STX

I know some bartenders I wouldn't ask for a stone of beer because they would intentionally throw a stone and skip the beer. On a different not what is the best way to clean the antifreeze off my motor especially in the valley under the manifold. I drove it about 15 miles today and when I...
  9. Mike92STX

I finished it about 1 1/2 hours ago. When I started it up to check for leaks there was coolant gushing out around 1 of the sensors, so I shut the engine off and checked, I had not gotten the clip in right the sensor had come up, so the clip was underneath it. I corrected the error and tried to...
  10. Mike92STX

Wow, I thought I saw a dot between the 1s, but I figured it was just a spot from manufacturing. As usual you are probably correct. I'll look closer in a little while when I replace the O rings.
  11. Mike92STX

I just looked at some O rings I have and the ones I have don't seem as thick as the ones on the sensor. I happen to have a couple of sensors I kept from the first time I changed the thermostat. I'm going to the local hardware store to see if they have some that are a better fit. Ron, the...
  12. Mike92STX

I was trying to decide if I should replace O rings or the sensor. As I mentioned the whole housing is only about 4 months old. I was trying to figure out if there is a difference in the sensors. They are both the same color and because they came with the housing, I didn't look that close at them...
  13. Mike92STX

I have a aluminum thermostat housing and I noticed coolant on the housing. I thought the bypass hose was bad, so I just replaced that and now it looks like the sensors are leaking. The housing is only a few months old so I'm wondering is there a fix or do I have to replace the sensors?
  14. Mike92STX

Ranger Flare side/ step side bed dimension .

Thanks for the information. That's what I was hoping for because I want to try and change just the bed and put my fenders on , as mentioned it will probably hard to find one that is not rusty.
  15. Mike92STX

Ranger Flare side/ step side bed dimension .

I have a 2004 Ranger FX4 extended cab with a step side bed and I was wondering if all the step side/ flare side have the same dimensions and are they mounted the same? Because the outer fenders are plastic or fiberglass I was thinking I might be able to find a bed that isn't rusted in the bottom...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad