• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MidnightRider

1. MidnightRider

4.0 leak in thermostat housing again! smh...

Thanks for posting, I really appreciate the tensioner tips!
  2. MidnightRider

Thanks for the tips...ordered the Simmons Aluminum last night! This is the 3rd time and hopefully the last time I have done the housing. smh...
  3. MidnightRider

Oh wow, I didn't know about the timing chain tensioners and I'm at 136k. I will certainly look into this. Thank you so much for posting...
  4. MidnightRider

The official tech procedure on this job is to remove the intake manifold! What?! smh... It's a pain, but fortunately one can struggle through without having to remove it.
  5. MidnightRider

Agreed, especially on something like this. Gone are the days when a thermostat change out was a two bolt 1 beer job. smh...:beer:
  6. MidnightRider

Thank You! I didn't know Simmons had an aluminum option and will certainly look into that. Yeah..I hate plastic!
  7. MidnightRider

This aftermarket OEM spec thermostat housing part ( Motorad TA2061SFS) is very attractive. It comes as a complete unit with: upper / lower housing, fail safe thermostat, sensor, and seals all for about $38. Question: has anybody used this MotoRad after market part? For a repair like this...
  8. MidnightRider

2011 Ranger XLT 4.0 Urban Stealth Camper

Yes Sir...a 25w monocrystalline framed panel mounted with z-brackets. The panel keeps a 35AH AGM battery up and powers kinds of good stuff.
  9. MidnightRider

Thank you! It's been good to me so I try to take care of it. 135,000 on it and I just did a major refresh with 200,000 in mind. It's a little squatty in this shot, but I put on some nice load leveling shocks on the rear and it made a huge difference. Sits higher and rides better.
  10. MidnightRider

Hello everybody! I'm the original owner, 12 years this October. So far so good. Been Urban Stealth Camping in my Ranger for the last 5-6 years. My grandson (7) loves going on Ranger adventures! I just finished a major refresh: Water Pump and stuff, Upper and Lower Ball Joints, Brakes and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad