• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mercman

1. transmission lengths

Does anyone have a list of 2wd manual transmission lengths? I am looking to put a 2.3 in my Samurai and would like to keep my transfercase so i don't have to change axles right away. Thanks for the help.
  2. 2.3 to 5.0 adapter for use on 5.0 trans

Hey, Here's a couple links to places that make adapters that allow you to bolt your 4cyl to any trans with a windsor 3.8,300,302,5.0,351W,351C bolt pattern. I wish i had found these when I was building my bronco 2, lots more options. http://www.cididit.com/index.htm...
  3. where's the fuel pump ground on a 92

I have a 92 stretch cab 4X4, and my fuel pump isn't working I suspect the ground is bad. The diagram I have in my Haynes manual for a 90 shows the fuel gauge and pump grounding at the same location. My gauge quit working a while ago, and my pump 2 nights ago. I went over some rail road tracks...
  4. explorer axle in rear cause handling problems

Hey I have a 92 ranger stx and the rear end has quite a bit of slop in it. It really gets your attention when you start to accelerate after coasting. I was looking at the JY today and couldn't find an exact axle, but thanks to cash for clunkers there is a lot of explorer axles for cheap. They...
  5. M5OD vs FM146

Does anyone know how much strength difference there is between the M5OD and FM146? I'm having trouble shifting the M5OD in my 92 4X4, and can't find a replacement in my local U-pull it yards, but there are several FM146's. I had a 146 in my bronco and never had any trouble with it. That was...
  6. eating duraspark modules

Hey I have an 85 b2 that I did a 2.3 swap and duraspark on. I know this is the 2.8 forum but you guys are always talking about duraspark. It ran good for about a month. Then i went to start it and no spark. I did leave the ignition in the on position as it doesn't take a key it's easy to forget...
  7. flip starter ring gear

I just bought an 85 ranger for a "low buck" 2.3 swap into my B2. The guy before me had the starter loose, and it tore up the ring gear. Can I flip the ring on the flywheel like I'v seen the chevy guys get away with, or are the sides different? I heard that trick only works on some cars is why I...
  8. 302 fuel economy

Hey, Thinking of swapping the 2.8 in my 85 B2 for a 302, plan to back it with a np435, or jeep ax15. I am concerned with fuel economy though, and contemplating the 2.3 solely for economy. What kind of fuel economy are you guys running 302's getting with your various set ups. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad