• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mdeshaies

1. Dreaded PVH 4WD

So am I
  2. Dreaded PVH 4WD

No the lights do not blink they stay on I.e. when I switch to 4x4 low, the 4x4 low light illuminates steady until I move the switch to a different setting. Usually the proper light lights up in a second or two which makes me think the motor is turning
  3. Dreaded PVH 4WD

I read the owners manual and applied the proper shift procedure with no change in gearing
  4. Dreaded PVH 4WD

Well I do not notice any change in gearing when I shift to 4x4 low which I tried so it looks like a shift motor to start with. And yes, I don’t see this as an improvement over the good old manual shift lever!
  5. Dreaded PVH 4WD

Thanks for the replies. I do have a question about the shift motor. Is the fact that I am getting light changes I.e. 4WD / 4WD low etc mean the shift motor is operating or do they put those lights on the dash to amuse folks like me? I assume the dash lights are driven by switches in the motor ??
  6. Dreaded PVH 4WD

I am the proud owner of a 1998 ranger. Unfortunately the 4WD does not work. When changing the dash switch to to 4WD and back to 2WD the dash lights change as they should so I assume the shift motor works, since the switches in it shift. So I assume it’s the @$#% hubs. Took one off and it moved...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad