• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by McCormack

1. Spark knock problem, tried the obvious, next steps?

You might be right, but if a vehicle still passes emissions after having it's timing adjusted, I don't see what the harm would be.
  2. Spark knock problem, tried the obvious, next steps?

An option to fix pinging on a 3.0 is to use a tuner to retard timing. If you don't have a tuner, a Ford dealer or a speed shop will do it for a fee. I bought an SCT tuner when I first got my '00 Ranger and used it to retard my timing 2 degrees and then I could run regular with no pinging. I did...
  3. replacement door speakers, good, better, best

I just installed a pair of Infinity Primus ($59.00 on Amazon) in my 2000 Ranger and am very happy with the sound. The only downside is that they're a little short on the top and bottom to fit the stock speaker holes, so I had to use some rope caulk as a gasket.
  4. Temp Running Hotter than Normal?

You believe wrong. The Ranger forums are rife with owners such as myself that have dealt with cracked heads/blown head gaskets on their 3.0's.
  5. Temp Running Hotter than Normal?

If replacing the temp sensor didn't fix the problem, then elevated engine temperatures are a sign of a cracked head or blown head gasket, which is a common problem with the Vulcan V6.
  6. 4.0 headers on a 3.0 ranger

DUDE, It's not helpful for adsm08 to make insulting comments to fellow forum members.
  7. Leaf Springs

The round rubber thingie (red circle in photo) is coming out of my rear leaf spring pack - what's it called and where can I get one?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad