• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mason_411

1. mason_411

Front Clunking/ Poping noise

Hey guys, i have an 05 v6 4x4 with a superlift, i have this insane poping noise from the front end. it started after i had some serious suspension/ bushing sqeeking and sprayed everything with WD40. it happens when taking off from a stop, accelerating, and turning. it is most noticeable when...
  2. mason_411

Rumble strip sound only in 4x4

Hey guys my 05 has just started doing something strange. When I'm in 4x4 and going over 40mph I can randomly feel and here a grinding/rumbling noise that last maybe a half a second and is very similar to hitting the rumble strip on the highway shoulder. The tricky part is its a live axle so...
  3. mason_411

05 ranger budget lifts

So long time enthusiast of Rangers, sold my 94 a few years ago and finally got back into an 05 4x4 4.0. I know the discussion on lifting a torsion bar ranger has been beat to death. I know exactly what my options are and Ive explored them all. Looked into a long travel coil over option at first...
  4. mason_411

looking for general prerunner advice

Wow its been a while since ive posted here! not sure if you guys remember but this was my old ranger i think my build is in my bio... i sold that about a year ago and now i have a full stage 2 obs 7.3 f350 but am looking at getting another ranger and viewing their prerunner side. i have a...
  5. mason_411

making a 4" a 6+" in hopes of gearing to 35's NEED CHEAP IDEAS!

Right now my truck has 4" ttb drop brackets with 6" super flex coils (that droops to around 5" lift in front) and rear 4" blocks (i know "no bueno" but its cheap haha) on 33's with no gearing stock 4.0 and 5speed, but i am not exactly happy with my truck the way it is right now - under powered...
  6. mason_411

4d55 turbo diesel info

ok everyone knows they exists but no one seems to know much about um. ive read up on them over the past couple days as i am thinking of swaping one into my 94 4.0. i can get everything i need motor tranny transfer case innercooler the whole shebang for $600 which is a good deal to me. the only...
  7. mason_411

Which Online Site is Best To Buy From?

Just wondering what online site you guys use most to buy off road parts... i usually use Ebay or 4wheelparts but those are obvious. Anyone know of some sites with good RBV stuff for cheap?? I feel like this thread can be very handy to some people looking to start upgrading their RBV's but dont...
  8. mason_411

eb44 vs fw44 or other??? with leafs

yeah see ive heard the opposite... ive heard that 8.8 had a crazy bad habit of striping out shafts and the housings cracking... im taking it thats not true??? and its already got and 8.8 just not the full width... id rather just get an 8.8 fw and a 44fw but exactly what donors would have a fw...
  9. mason_411

so i just started looking around on CL and d44's and im finding quite a few HP 44's for around 200 most out of jeeps some from early f150's... any difference on the diff placement?? and im thinking maybe a 44 for the rear as well??? but whats the width difference? are 44 rears full width or eb...
  10. mason_411

let me just start by saying plum... youre truck is THE SICKEST THING EVER!! hahaha ive read your build thread like 12 times hahahaha but yeah i dont get how everyone on this thread is talking shit about eb's when the majority of people on this site have them??? thats why i asked how truly good...
  11. mason_411

*stronger axe shafts
  12. mason_411

Thanks for throughing that price out there hagan! I would have expected it to be much more than that! But I'm fairly sure its just my seal on my d35 (haven't torn it out yet) so I think when I have it out I might do some bigger joints and maybe stinger axles and building a skid plate/ run the...
  13. mason_411

thanks for all the info guys!! and to answer the whole "main purpose" question its a dialy driver and a weekend worrier. im now running 33's but i plan on doing 35's and maybe 36's probably not much bigger though. and i wasnt planning on going and buying some $$$ axle thats already built. this...
  14. mason_411

and i LOVE full widths as well but i mean a full width front and STOCK rear ranger axle??? come on now hahaha i mainly wanna get a 44 stock (but disk conversion) now so i have 4x4 for a colorado winter and then build it over time. i know you should build one and then put it in so youre done with...
  15. mason_411

isnt the cost and inconvenience of narrowing a fw44 just too much though? i mean youd have to have custom shafts made and made again everytime you broke one. seems kinda pointless in my opinion. and as for the eb44's you said the pumpkins are centered? all ive seen (that i thought were eb's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad