• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Maseman__46

1. Seemingly "non-existent" mosfet problem

4x4junkie, I will definitely do that as a sanity check, thank you. The detailed explanation is much appreciated. After several more hours of looking (too much free time at work 🤣) I found a schematic though. Here it is if anyone is interested. Thank you all very much!
  2. Seemingly "non-existent" mosfet problem

Shadowrider6661, That's exactly what I'm trying to determine. It's just a to-220 package, so it could be a mosfet or a voltage regulator. If it is a mosfet, there's like a billion different ones 😂 I was just hoping someone had come across a similar problem, or knows what circuit that's for
  3. Seemingly "non-existent" mosfet problem

Alright, I'll give that a try and get back to you. Thank you
  4. Seemingly "non-existent" mosfet problem

Looking at the A9L unit pictures I have seen, it shows that one as the ISC driver, but it doesn't seem to be tied into pin 21. 19Walt93, that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest actually. I've repaired quite a few harbor freight vulcan welders and I've across the same issues. Though I will...
  5. Seemingly "non-existent" mosfet problem

Well, it's been a while since I last posted, and my issue got resolved rather quickly. Not sure if this is the correct section, but I didn't feel like it fit into any others. So, after several days of searching (and reading countless data sheets and such) I seem to have some kind of mosfet or...
  6. (Long winded... Beware) Sputtering and popping, loss of power a

Sure makes me realize just how much I take my autel scanner for granted... Tho It was by far more of a challenge than my 1992 d21. Not that it's a fair comparison, haha
  7. (Long winded... Beware) Sputtering and popping, loss of power a

Y'all hit it right on the head. The injectors were all fine, not really dirty, except one. Turn out someone put an injector for some Toyota on it. Not sure what the flow rate was, but it was definitely much higher. Swapped that out, and I could tell right away. Fuel pressure stabilized at a...
  8. (Long winded... Beware) Sputtering and popping, loss of power a

...in my defense... I've been up for 2 days and just got off a 16hr shift... 😬 So I'm guessing that regulator is the right one then? I'll grab another one (if he's got one) and see what happens then. Though with the one other injector having a completely different nozzle, I'm wondering if it...
  9. (Long winded... Beware) Sputtering and popping, loss of power a

I read through that article, and I just realized that even tho the code was 41, I kept thing it was 42 because it runs so rich... After I get the right injector and look at the other FPR's, I'll double check all that. If it persists, I might open the pcm and take a look, since this one came from...
  10. (Long winded... Beware) Sputtering and popping, loss of power a

This is a screenshot from rockauto, but every other part shows the same thing. Ill put my little vac pump on the regulator and match the vac with my gauge on the engine and see what happens!
  11. (Long winded... Beware) Sputtering and popping, loss of power a

Yes, that's the one that was on the truck, and the new one I bought to replace it. The other has the vac line at a 90* angle. Turns out that injector is from some Toyota (doesn't surprise me, looked like it was wired by uncle grandpa...) I know a guy that has several of these truck just sitting...
  12. (Long winded... Beware) Sputtering and popping, loss of power a

The fuel pressure regulator I bought was the same one that was on the truck, and seems to be the only one I've seen. I didn't see that it was a returnless style until much later. I get return vs returnless, it's just odd seeing other trucks with the same setup. All the EGR VAC lines are capped...
  13. (Long winded... Beware) Sputtering and popping, loss of power a

Shran, that was what I thought, but I've checked the fuel pump voltage (13.8 while running. Ran all new fuel lines, it holds pressure when turned off for a while (don't have an exact time) and have a new FPR. What is odd to me, is there seems to be 2 types of them. The one that was on the truck...
  14. (Long winded... Beware) Sputtering and popping, loss of power a

Well, I have unplugged them individually with a definite change, and they all check out (as far as hot continuity) Tho, in hindsight, I probably should have just taken them off when I removed the intake. I will definitely give that a shot when I get off, thank you.
  15. Don't ask often... But heya!

Howdy y'all. Names Mason, and I've spent countless hours reading stuff on this site. I rarely post questions on any forum, regardless of what I'm working on, because I'm stubborn like that. Got a degree in automotive and diesel, as well as 6 ASE certs and I am always happy to help anyone with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad