• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MaineMan

1. MaineMan

code 1405

truck: 96 4L 5spd code: 1405 egr line plugged or disconnected symptoms: truck seems anemic, possible fuel milage loss (i dont keep real close track) any suggestion where to look and what to look for. i can point to the egr valve and thats about all i know about it. looked last night and...
  2. MaineMan

Coolant filter

my 96 4.0 5spd 4x4 has been having general heating and cooling issues. it has a new thermostat, temp sensor, fan clutch, and just got a cooling system flush. the guys at the radiator shop said the coolant was pretty messy so im considering a coolant filter install. anybody done one? have...
  3. MaineMan

Just my luck

so im just here to vent:temper:, if you dont want to listen to my rantings this is your opportunity to turn back. so i had a 94 3.0 regular cab. nice enough truck, tough as hell. but i really wanted the extra power of a 4.0 and the space of an extended cab. so i found a 96 4.0 x-cab. less...
  4. MaineMan

greetings!

just signed up as a member, though i have used the tech library a couple times before. definately looking forward helping you guys out and sharing tips and ideas. im pretty well mechanically inclined, but have most of my experience working on big trucks. i frequently get frustrated because of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad