• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mader86

1. Leaking 5 Speed Transmission!

I have an 86 Ford Ranger with the 5 speed Toyo Koygo Mazda 5 speed transmission (2.4L engine). The transmission leaks at the point where the drive shaft enters through to the transmission spline - leaks right where the seal meets the drive shaft. I have replaced the rear output shaft seal (the...
  2. 86 Ranger Power Steering Pressure Switch

I hope someone out there with an early Ranger can help me! My power steering pressure switch has the wires all manged going to it - I just replaced the pump and I'd like to connect the switch again. I would like to know what color the wires are going to the switch! I'll have to fish around in...
  3. 86 2.3 Fuel Regulator Replacement

Anybody out there familiar with replacing the fuel regulator on an 86-era 2.3L gas engine? It looks like the fuel rail has to be pulled first...the screws into the regulator come up into the regulator from the bottom! Can I replace the regulator without having to pull the fuel rail??? Any...
  4. Fuel Pump Pressure with Two Pumps - Two Pump Ranger

Just pressure tested my 86 2.3L Ranger, and the fuel pressure at the rail is 32psi at idle (38 on key on, drops to 32 when running). The service manual that came with the truck says that the psi reading should be 40! So, I guess I need a pump (I am having fuel pump-like problems that led me to...
  5. Can't remove my Ranger Transmission!

I'm changing the clutch and master/slave cylinders on my 86 Ranger 4-cyl 5 speed. I've unbolted everything and even pulled the transmission away from the engine. It was going well until I couldn't get the transmission down and onto the floor. There isn't enough room to pull it back - it...
  6. Weatherstripping and Glass Run Channel

My 86 Ranger's weatherstripping and glass channel run is badly rotten and the window sort of wobbles around in the door. I found replacement parts for both but I'm concerned especially that the weatherstripping is difficult to replace. Comments anyone - do-it-yourself or not?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad