• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kp3ft

1. symptoms of clutch going bad?

I've got a 1994 Mazda B2300 which runs fine and the clutch feels good when I first start the truck and drive it. After maybe 5 to 10 of minutes of driving it, the clutch pedal becomes harder to push down and makes a "squeak" noise when depressing it and letting it back up. Also, the clutch...
  2. 1994 2.3 crank sprocket, other compatible years?

The saga continues with my crankshaft sprocket removal woes. I ended up getting it off by grinding and drilling it off, after trying everything else, so now I need to replace it. I found one for sale on the internet that says it is for 1995-1997, but it also says it may fit other years. Does...
  3. 1994 2.3, crankshaft gear stuck, can't remove

Posted this in the Mazda section and got good advice which helped me, but now am at the stage where I'm stuck. It's a 1994 Mazda B2300 with a Ford 2.3 engine. I'm trying to replace the front crankshaft seal, and have removed everything that is bolted on the crankshaft (pulley wheel and...
  4. need help on 94 B2300 crankshaft seal

I'm very seriously stressing out. What do I specifically do to remove the crankshaft sprocket without damaging the crankshaft position sensor? (I need to put in a new crankshaft oil seal) I unbolted the sensor but can't remove it because it looks like I have to draw the socket off first with a...
  5. '94 B2300 crankshaft nut left or right-hand thread?

1994 Mazda B2300, 2.3 liter engine. Need to replace front crankshaft seal. Is the front crankshaft nut normal right-hand thread, or opposite left-hand thread? Trying to get the nut off but it's very tight, and I have no idea which way to turn to get it off. Put another way, in order to loosen...
  6. manual tranny input shaft loose? 1994

Hope I'm not breaking protocol, because it's a question I also posted in the Mazda section, but it's the same transmission as the 1994 Ranger and I'm rushing to find an answer (need to get the truck back together, it's my only transportation for work). Anyway, I just removed the manual...
  7. transmission input shaft normally loose, 1994 B2300?

Just removed the manual transmission for my 1994 Mazda B2300. I noticed that the input shaft is is slightly wobbly in it's bearing... is this normal or is it supposed to be firm in the bearing? Also, does the bearing for the shaft need to be packed with grease, or is that a bad idea? It...
  8. hydraulic clutch hose help, 1994 B2300

I'm about ready to lose my mind. My 1994 B2300 leaks fluid right where the clutch master cylinder hose connects to the fitting on the slave cylinder on the transmission. I can't get the hose out of the fitting even with the "special tool" designed for that purpose (the sliding plastic ring is...
  9. Where is OBD2 plug on 1996 b2300?

I've done a ton of searching on the web and in my Haynes manual, but am only more confused. I'm not sure where the OBD2 plug is on my 1996 B2300. I looked under the dash and found what may be the plug but it's unlabeled and only has two pins available in it. Also, isn't the check engine light...
  10. imrpoving fuel economy in 1996 b2300?

I'm wanting to tune up my 96 b2300 (155,000 miles) and get better fuel economy. Right now it's not too good, with an average of 15 mpg city/hwy, and I try to drive economically (no hard acceleration, etc). I'm starting with the easy stuff first, like replacing accessible spark plugs/wires...
  11. removing spark plugs in 1996 2.3?

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has any tricks to removing the four spark plugs on the difficult side of the engine. It appears that parts need to be removed to access the plugs. Also, I think those plugs are the exhaust-side plugs, so is it even necessary/beneficial to replacing them? I'm...
  12. What engines compatible with '94 b2300 tranny?

Hi all, just got a 1994 Mazda B2300. It has the original fuel injected 2.3 Ford motor and 5-speed manual tranny. Does anyone know what smallest and oldest carbed Ford or Mazda engines would bolt up to the transmission? I'd like to put in the smallest non-fuel injection engine possible with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad