• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Knifeezy

1. 2.3L ('02-'11) 2009 Ranger Slow Acceleration After Stop

im gonna replace it right now and report back
  2. 2.3L ('02-'11) 2009 Ranger Slow Acceleration After Stop

I've never had it replaced and I've had the truck for about 4 years
  3. 2.3L ('02-'11) 2009 Ranger Slow Acceleration After Stop

the rpm definitely goes down, I tested it. It also seems like it only happens once after the truck has been sitting a while.
  4. 2.3L ('02-'11) 2009 Ranger Slow Acceleration After Stop

I did it and I didnt notice it slowing down any quicker, but I was also going very slow since I couldn't accelerate. As soon as I popped it back in drive it accelerated normally
  5. 2.3L ('02-'11) 2009 Ranger Slow Acceleration After Stop

What exactly am I looking for when I do this? What does the speed in which it slows down signify?
  6. 2.3L ('02-'11) 2009 Ranger Slow Acceleration After Stop

I'm not sure what you mean by dog out. I don't think the rpm goes up very much if at all until it starts to pick up speed. I get it back today from a mechanic who couldn't figure out the issue. I'll see what happens to the rpm and report back. Thank you for responding
  7. 2.3L ('02-'11) 2009 Ranger Slow Acceleration After Stop

Thank you for the reply! I had not considered it being a problem with the brakes. I will look into that
  8. 2.3L ('02-'11) 2009 Ranger Slow Acceleration After Stop

Hello! I'm new to the forum, so I hope I'm in the right place. I have a 2009 Ranger XLT Regular Cab with about 112,000 miles on it. I've been having this reoccurring issue where my truck has trouble getting up to speed after being at a stop light for a few minutes. I can barely get it to move...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad