Recent content by Kirby N.

1. 92 STX 4x4 build

looks like a great little truck. I used the mile marker hubs for a bit on my explorer. One time I warrantied them and the guy on the phone asked me all the specs of my truck- so I told him. Tires, lockers, etc. Then he said, "actually this is the last time we will warranty them because you are...
  2. 1998-2000 short block going in a 1991 ranger

This article has some good information: https://www.enginebuildermag.com/2001/04/rebuilding-the-ford-4-0l-pushrod-v6/ It looks like my flywheel won't work. That is fine, I am already running a SOHC clutch, I can change to an 8 bolt flywheel. It also says I will need to use a later dipstick...
  3. 1998-2000 short block going in a 1991 ranger

Hey guys- I got a good deal on a NOS Motorcraft rebuilt 1998-2000 OHV short block. I would like to build it for my 1991 ranger and put it in to replace the old tired 4.0 OHV. Unfortunately, I am pretty not smart about this stuff. Wondering if some of you can help me. I am not looking to make it...
  4. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Yeah my friend was happy to help and I was his gopher- so it worked out well.
  5. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Thank you. It certainly makes me think twice before I do obstacles that might cause damage or scratch it. Right now anyway. It needs a good set of sliders and the bumpers finished to keep it safe.
  6. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I got the STX sticker set mounted up today. I order it custom from graphics express in flat black before it was painted. Its been a long time coming, but I am really happy about it. One of my best friends has a sticker wrap and graphics company. I was going to do the install myself, but after...
  7. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

They are for the door speakers. I dont know why they dont just go in the dash, but they go down the inner fender to the headlight area. I was going to redo them, but with inner fenders they are fine- so I just left them.
  8. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Thanks I have been chasing a leak in the roof. Same one I had before paint. I did a test with soapy water and compressed air and found what I thought was a leak near the drip rail. I have video of that. I had my painter address it last week and it still leaks. I dont know what to do, honestly...
  9. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Thank you for the advice and the kind words. Yes, I do have the tailgate. It just got out of paint last week. I have to install the ford sticker then it is ready to go on.
  10. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I have an issue with a shock. Bilstien end came unscrewed and booger up the threads. Looks like it is somewhat common. I talked to bilstien and they said I was over extending them. It seems weird it would happen now 4 or so years after I installed them. They said people have had luck welding...
  11. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Thanks it works really well in the snow. We got some this week.
  12. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Photobucket broke the internet- but my truck is done with paint. It took from July-November for it to get done with paint and for me to get it back together. I am really happy with it. I decided on Calvary Blue non metallic. Here it is the day I picked up the cab. Started putting it back...
  13. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Well, I had a setback. My core support is rusted bad. So I removed the body mount bushings and those body mounts suck. I went to the pull and pay today and it took me 3 tries, but I finally got off a set of front core support body mounts that were in good shape. I spent the rest of the day...
  14. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I made some different mounts for the sides of the bed sides. The ones I had just weren't tough enough. liked what some others recommended from auto fab: With the new side mounted, they both look pretty close and they are with a tape too. Here are some more shots of my highlift mount. I...