• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Kim

1. Kim

"Death Wobble"?

Here's a pic of the inside frame where the rear part of the lower control arm attaches. Sure looks like a "Yikes!" crack to me. Lol
  2. Kim

"Death Wobble"?

Well time for Good News/Bad News! Good News is that ekrampitzjr is right. Bad News is that ekrampitzjr is right. I actually can fix this, but in reality it could only ever be a temporary one. Thanks Wisconsin. The tags are up in Oct, and I won't re-up them but in the meantime, I'll need to...
  3. Kim

"Death Wobble"?

Thanks! Applying the brakes does nothing by themselves to stop the wobble. It just goes away after the speed is reduced down to a certain point. While it's shaking I don't really feel it in the steering wheel as much as it just feels like the wheel is hopping up and down like crazy. If I had...
  4. Kim

"Death Wobble"?

I guess that's what it's called. I've had this particular Ranger for going on 3 years now and it has about 150k miles on it. It always had this weird, wandering feeling when driving it on bumpy roads but would track straight and feel comfy on smooth roads. Wasn't enough to be too worried...
  5. Kim

Anyone add power seats?

So here's the update. I finally got around to getting the driver seat out to assess the situation. It wasn't easy and it wasn't pretty. I was able to remove 1 of the 4 bolts with the proper tool and in the proper manner, but broke the tools trying to get the other 3. (I made a meme from...
  6. Kim

Why so many Cats?

I did find a few places selling the Y-pipe with cats. Here's one that has the cheapo wrinkle-bend pipes and 3 cats:
  7. Kim

Why so many Cats?

Thanks guys! AFAIK it's not a FlexFuel engine, as I've seen nothing anywhere on the truck that says it is or might be. I'm not having any problems with them and wasn't planning on deleting any. Just curious as to why there needed to be 5 of them! As a perspective here's a few examples by...
  8. Kim

Why so many Cats?

And the last one before the catback system:
  9. Kim

Why so many Cats?

^ first pic is the three cat looking things; here's the fourth...
  10. Kim

Why so many Cats?

11. Kim

Why so many Cats?

I'll get some pics tomorrow.
  12. Kim

Why so many Cats?

I was under my truck today replacing the fuel filter and I noticed what appeared to be five catalytic converters under there. One on each downpipe from the manifolds, one in the crossover pipe, and two in the exit pipe....all before it even reaches the edge of the single cab. Crazy. Is that for...
  13. Kim

Need a tune after regear?

I'll be sure to follow up on this once I get to working on it. Wouldn't be hard to figure out if I need to do an extra 5 minutes of work, right? lol Thanks for all the info, btw. Super appreashed.
  14. Kim

Clutch pedal bushing..

Well, it just may have worked itself in like the way it's supposed to be. No issues whatsoever this whole week of daily driver use. Gotta love that!
  15. Kim

Clutch pedal bushing..

Now that is interesting. I've been thinking along a similar tactic of drilling a hole for a pin, but it's so difficult to do any real work up in there. It might just be as easy as you described.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad