• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by joe.dollar

1. No brakes when steering wheel turned fully.

Happy New Year everyone. I have a 2000 Ranger. Extended cab, 3L, Auto. She's had a 2" lift kit installed. It's also got full size explorer rims and bigger tires. I have discovered a weird problem. When I turn the steering wheel left or right to the max, I lose my brakes. Pedal hits the...
  2. 3.0 Head swap. Need opinions quick

The scenario is this. 2000 Ranger 3.0 with 190 000 km's ( 107 000 miles). Both heads cracked due to overheating by previous owner. 2004 heads from donor motor with 100 000 km's ( 60 000 miles). Would I expect to encounter problems with my rings and oil burning if I use heads which I would...
  3. 3.0 Head Compatibility

My 2000 Ranger with a 3.0 has blown a headgasket and possibly got a cracked head. Heads are in for testing. If I need to replace a head, does anyone know what years are compatible?
  4. Supercabs with 4 bangers. Enough power?

Im looking for another Ranger. I currently own a stepside regular cab with a 3L 5 speed. I'm really happy with the power of this truck. Great acceleration and decent power with a box full of firewood or garden soil. Not bad fuel economy for a V6. I've been looking at extended cabs recently and...
  5. Rear end oil change

Just drained the oil out of the rear end of my 97 Ranger. I've never had a truck before where the differential cover has no gasket. According to the book you just use silicone in the prescribed way. Just wondering if there's a specific reason for having no gasket? Has anyone made their own and...
  6. Need to replace my 3.0....quickly

Hi all. New to the forums. This place looks great. First let me say, I've done a bit of searching regarding my topic, but I'm really pressed for time in a huge way and thought I'd just post and see what happens. I just picked up a 97 Ranger with a bad 3.0. It's knocking pretty loud. I have to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad