• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jockodog

1. 97 Ranger 2.3L RWD Heater Control Valve?

Do you know the diameter/size (inside and/or outside diameter) of the vacuum hose to heater bypass valve?
  2. 97 Ranger 2.3L RWD Heater Control Valve?

That is very helpful info. Thanks. Much appreciated.
  3. 97 Ranger 2.3L RWD Heater Control Valve?

I already know my blend door and/or motor needs to be replaced. I have both already. Except for the engine, there was a lot of deferred maintenance.
  4. 97 Ranger 2.3L RWD Heater Control Valve?

Thanks for that info. I am in the process of replacing all AC components due to a chronic leak which has not been found, so I will to reinstall the control valve and its vacuum line. That would be coming from the dash the back of the dash controls, right? MAX-AC is a virtual necessity in the...
  5. 97 Ranger 2.3L RWD Heater Control Valve?

All HVAC controls are dial-operated and by vacuum. It is my understanding that the MAX-AC dial position would do two things...move the outside air door to closed (recirculate) and also close the heater control valve to stop coolant flow to core. Thanks for you input.
  6. 97 Ranger 2.3L RWD Heater Control Valve?

It is possible a previous owner removed the control valve entirely from the heater core inlet/outlet hoses, but I cannot find any loose vacuum line that would've been connected to it.
  7. 97 Ranger 2.3L RWD Heater Control Valve?

I have read in other forums, that on some Rangers, the blend door is the only control of heat....dash knob controls all cold or all heat or a mixture.
  8. 97 Ranger 2.3L RWD Heater Control Valve?

Is it possible my '97 Ranger 2.3L RWD doesn't have a heater control valve? It could have been removed. Are some 97 2.3 Rangers designed without heater control valves?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad