• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jeide

1. Evap Purge Valve Circuit

I do the same when I’m filling up. I’m keeping track of my mileage and I let the pump tell me when it’s full. The very first thing that I did when I first got this code and before I did any research was to replace the purge valve, then replace it again because the one I got from the junkyard...
  2. Evap Purge Valve Circuit

Myself included. It’s all good. I can be patient. Thanks for the kind words Josh B
  3. Evap Purge Valve Circuit

I’ve got a 2000 Ranger with. 3.0 liter engine. After I bought it, I had to replace the engine because the one it came with ave out after 245,000 miles. The new (used) engine has been working out well. After fine tuning things a bit, I am left with one trouble code that is preventing me from...
  4. Major Short

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been meaning to update this thread. I did finally figure it out. After I confirmed the horn circuit was good I still had a short and it seemed to only go away with the main light switch and muti-purpose switch fuses removed.(?) They both have a common lead so I figured...
  5. Major Short

Thank you. You are right. In my case both 1 & 2 are swapped and 3 & 5 are swapped. I’m metering continuity to positive lead instead of voltage due to condition of battery but should get correct results. Pins 1 and 2 have 81.2 ohms across them 3 and 5 have no connection. In my case slot 1 goes...
  6. Major Short

Another update: I’m getting closer. So I pulled the fuses under the hood a row at a time until the meter no longer read a short. At that point I had 4 fuses out. I plugged them back one at a time until I got a short. Turns out the short went away with both fuses 11 and 12 pulled. What those have...
  7. Major Short

Thank you RonD. I got around to the fuses under the hood and found the 10 fuse blown which it shows is the horn. I believe that the speed control also uses this fuse. At this point I have no voltage to measure current. I can’t even light a test light. I’m just metering resistance.
  8. Major Short

Hello All, I’ve got a 2000 Ranger with the 3.0 flex fuel option. It’s been running great for quite a while now. I ran it for a quick trip to the store yesterday. It made it there and back just fine. About 5 hours later, I got in to start it and nothing. Less than nothing, no dash lights, no...
  9. 2000 3.0 L Mysterious Fuel Leak

I have an electric vacuum pump that I used to get the moisture out of the A/C lines before I charged the A/C system. I tried using that and it pegged the gauge that I had attached to it. The gauge didn’t measure psi but inches of mercury. I have since converted it to psi and the pump was...
  10. 2000 3.0 L Mysterious Fuel Leak

Thank you pjtoledo and Ron. Yes, it is the flex fuel variant. I’ll have to spring for a proper gauge and pump. The pump I have is too powerful and the gauge is in the wrong range. But I’ll be replacing the damper tomorrow or next. Thanks for the input.
  11. 2000 3.0 L Mysterious Fuel Leak

The good news is that I may have found the source of my P0443 trouble code. My truck has been running great ever since I replaced the engine a year ago. The other day, on my way home, I stopped by the store for a couple of minutes and when I went to leave, the truck would not turn over. I...
  12. 2019-2023 Ford Ranger Resources / Diagrams / Exploded Views

I don’t know what you’ve gathered for electrical diagrams but I have these. They’ve come in handy for my 2000 3.0 2WD.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad