• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jcwest1

1. jcwest1

Band adjustment

I asked earlier if changing the trans fluid ruins a tranny. This is why I ask- My overdrive on my 4R55E acts a little funny sometimes & I seen in the Tech Library that the overdrive band can be adjusted to some point. Does anybody know how to do this? How far do I adjust it? I'm pretty good at...
  2. jcwest1

Rumor??

I've heard rumor that if you start having transmission problems & you try to change the transmission fluid & the filter you can finish the tranny off. Any truth to this or just an old wives tale?:icon_confused:
  3. jcwest1

Neighbors

How about our brother out there with the neighbors that run there truck all the time. Did he get his problem fixed. Bananna in the tailpipe trick?(48hrs):D
  4. jcwest1

door ajar light

Does anybody have trouble with the dome light not going out & the door ajar light on the dash staying on even with the doors closed-of course! After I drive a mile or 2 down the road it all goes out! I can't find any door switches in the rocker panels:icon_confused:
  5. jcwest1

The New Guy

Whats up guys? I bought my Ranger back in August. I really like this site!:icon_thumby:
  6. jcwest1

torque wind-up

Does anyone know what torque wind-up is? my owners manual says this is caused by driving the truck in 4X4 on hard surfaces. what damage can it cause in the drive train.
  7. jcwest1

Jim from Greeneville

Hi everybody hope this site helps me as i go along

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad