• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jco77on

1. jco77on

Lets see your camping vehicles!

Not mine, but just stumbled across this and thought I'd share http://www.awesomeinventions.com/adventure-truck/
  2. jco77on

Intermittent 4th gear A4LD

GD A4LD transmission strikes again. Okay, I need some good news guys, even though I'm expecting the worst. I bought the truck last fall and the guy said he'd had work done on the transmission, but didn't have any receipts. After I bought it I dropped the pan and replaced the filter. The fluid...
  3. jco77on

Body mount bushing replacement

Sorry, I didn't see an appropriate section for this question so I put it here. 1989 4x4 supercab, the body mount bushings are in sad shape. Since I'm all about preventive maintenance, I want to get them replaced. I ordered a set of prothane poly bushings and a hardware set. I took it to a shop...
  4. jco77on

Won't start on first attempt to crank - then starts 2nd try

Won't start on first attempt to crank - then starts 2nd try. It seems to only do it in the mornings, when it's cold. The engine will turn over, but no ignition. In the afternoons when it's been sitting in the sun all day while I'm at work it will crank right up on the first try. Sometimes in...
  5. jco77on

No 4 Low, think it's the speed sensor

Like the title says, I have no 4 Low. 4 HI works great, but when I shift to neutral and press the brake and hit 4 Low all I get is a flashing 4 Low light. I think I've tracked it down to the speed sensor on the transfer case (output shaft speed sensor, not vss). After a lot of searching I found...
  6. jco77on

Heat works, but engine temp stays cold

When I bought the truck, the temp gauge was reading quite cold (but not sitting on cold) and the heat didn't work. I drained the coolant and it was very brown. Installed a new thermostat, refilled the coolant, and burped the system. Now the heat is working excellent, but the temp gauge says...
  7. jco77on

New spark plugs, too long?

Bought new spark plugs, but the thread length is longer on the new ones. Everywhere I look says they're compatible though. Should I be worried? The new ones are Champion 408's and the old are Autolite 765's.
  8. jco77on

New spark plug wires

Bought a kit with new spark plug wires, distributer cap, and rotor. The kit has 8 wires in it, while there's only 7 spots on the old and new distributers. Am I missing something?
  9. jco77on

HELP!!! Transfer case stuck in 4 Lo

Long story short, I've been trying to troubleshoot my 4 wheel drive system not working so I pulled the transfer case motor off. Put the truck in neutral with the e brake on, turned the transfer case selector with pliers into 4HI. Seemed to work. Backed up, pulled forward. Put the truck in...
  10. jco77on

Shiftster

Anybody know how long it takes to get one of these? Ordered one the other day but didn't get any kind of order confirmation or shipping estimate or anything.
  11. jco77on

connector under drivers seat

I've got a black wire and a brown wire coming from under the carpet just behind the driver seat that go to a grey connector, with two black wires coming out of the mating side of the connector. Those two black wires have been cut/ripped out of where ever they go. Any thoughts on what they go to?
  12. jco77on

If shift motor is bad, will that prevent my 4x4 lights from coming on at startup

I've been reading through piles of "my 4x4 doesn't work" posts, and haven't seen a definitive answer to this question. If my shift motor is bad, will that prevent my 4x4 lights from coming on at startup and also prevent my switch from lighting? -I did the self test on the control module and it...
  13. jco77on

1989 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT

Hello all! Just bought myself a 1989 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT with 115K miles, and experience tells me that joining a good forum will be a necessity haha. It needs some work, but I'm pretty handy with a wrench so I'm hoping to do as much of the repair by myself as possible. So far my list is as...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad