• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jbeach3101

1. Cruise control cable

if i would've went carbed it would work. Problem is that i used a GT40 intake so i have to wrap the back of the engine to passenger side. I need about 6-8 more inches of cable. Thank you though.
  2. Cruise control cable

I know that my 95 f150 has an electronic servo and the 92 and earlier have a vacuum servo like the ranger and fox. I know the fox has the same connction to the servo but idk how long it is. I just need to know lengths pretty much. I will look into the f150 cable.
  3. Cruise control cable

3.0L was original. cable is like 8 inches too short
  4. Cruise control cable

I've done some searching and can't find anything conclusive, not to mention barely talked about. I am wanting to make my 92 5.0 swap like its factory. My cruise control is wired up and works i just need the correct cable to connect from the servo to the TB on a gt40 upper intake. Will a foxbody...
  5. 5.0 EFI Swap 1992 Ranger - Wiring Harness Help

I used an 89 fox harness and A9P ecu with my manual 5.0 swap. The a9P is the auto ECU. The wiring was very simple and most of the colors matched the Ranger body harness. If you have the original harness, you can easily trace wires and then cut the plugs off and solder them to the fox. There is a...
  6. Transmission F150 vs Mustang for the 5.0? Performance

You can run the M5OD like i did in my 92. Just make sure you use the correct slave and master cylinder together. The M5 definitely gets the truck moving quicker but top speed is eh. what ratio is in your rear end now?
  7. Just picked up my second Ranger EV

i know im a year late, but the big three all had their own EV's in the early 2000's. A lot of americans actually loved them, but the funding from the government was lessened and the manufacturers actually started taking the cars back and crushing them immediately. I learned about it in my high...
  8. Engine knocking?

Rebuilding an engine is fairly simple. Labor to get my 5.0 rebuilt was around 1000 for the machining and the new pistons and bearings. if everything is in good shape, it will be cheaper. (i had to buy pistons and that was 450 alone) Rebuilds have to be done outside considering they need...
  9. Engine knocking?

Well no oil pressure allows metal on metal contact because there’s no pressure to retain the oil barrier. The old ford pressure senders kinda suck so they aren’t always accurate. In my truck the gauge always shows low but I never once heard a lifter tick.
  10. Engine knocking?

idk if your oil pressure gauge is accurate but it wasnt registering and its knocking on heavens door. Id say rod bearing for sure.
  11. Learn from my mistake

IM using the 100 dollar advanced adapter kit from summit. The only one i could find that comes out at a 90 next to the gearbox. That machined surface on the oil filter mount is super clean so i shouldn't have an issue.
  12. Fired on the first lick

Just a touch of lope lol.
  13. EFI wiring diagram

Hey guys. Just created an account but have been using this site to prepare for my 302 swap. Im keeping the factory EFI. I have most the info for the mustang harness (pinouts, color coding, etc) I just can NOT find a single accurate diagram for my 92 3.0L ranger. I've spent the last 2-3 hours...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad