• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jballen

1. 2007 Ranger Doors

My 2007 Ranger super cab has an issue with door rust. It seems to be coming from the inside & out the bottom. 1st noticed it last fall, so I sanded, primed & painted it. Now its back this spring. I think I will pull the door pannel & have a look inside. Then go from there.. Anybody have the...
  2. Blower motor flakey

The blower motor on my 2007 Ranger 3.0 will sometimes work in all positions, sometimes work in the low or hi position. The question is, when the resistor is going bad does it fail and default to those two positions or does it sometimes work/sometimes not work before it fails compleatly?? Or...
  3. Front End Noise

I'm reposting this as I haven't solved the problem yet & I wanted to post all the info right up front that has been looked at. I have a 2007 Ranger, 3.0, auto, 2wd with 61,000 miles on it. New rotors, pads & wheel bearings at 49,000 miles. I'm running Uniroyal Laredo all season tires all the...
  4. Unknown Noise from up front

I have a 2007 Ranger, 3.0, auto, 2wd with 61,000 miles on it. When I drive down the road there is a slight grinding noise. When I turn to the left the noise increases, but when I turn to the right it goes away compleatly.. Is it the wheel bearings or ???
  5. MD05 Gearing

From the table in the tech library it looks like the gearing for a MD05 from a 4.0 is slightly taller in the 1st 3 gears than a MD05 from all other engines. So here is the question, how big a difference will that make if I install a MD05 from a 4.0 into my 1989 BII that has a 2.9? Table: Mazda...
  6. Input shaft noise

I have a 1989 BII 4WD 5 speed manule with the electric T-case & hubs. The tranny is a FM 146. The input bearing is making noise in all gears except 4th. How hard is it to replace this bearing? Other than that the tranny shifts & works fine. I'm going to replace the T-case with a manule one as...
  7. Transfer case swap

My 1989 BII 5 speed/auto case & hubs at times will not engauge. It did once after I bought it, not now. I have a 1989 BII 5 speed/manule case and hubs as a donor truck. I know the hubs will bolt right in. So the questions for the transfer case are; Will the transfer case bolt in? Any mods...
  8. Auto-Locking Hubs Question

My BII with 2.9, 5speed, push button transfer case has the auto locking hubs. I have been going to switch to the manule hubs as I have a 89 BII with them for a donor. So far so good. A friend of mine has the same truck but it's an 88 BII. He told me that the auto hubs when they fail engage and...
  9. Rear Leaf springs 89 BII

While swaping tires on my 89 BII 2.9 5 speed I noticed that the rear leaf springs, both sides are cracked where it joins to the spring preach. The main leaf where it wraps around the bolt in the pearch is cracked & sperated about a 1/4 of an inch. I looked at the donor BII & they were cracked on...
  10. Auto hubs to manual hubs

I have 1 BII with auto hubs that is being converted to manual hubs from my 2nd BII. These are both 1989 BII's. Both are 28's. Here's the question; do I need the conversion kit (spindle nuts) if I have a donor BII to pull the manual hubs & any other parts from?? Thanks...
  11. Radio Swap 1989 BII to 1989 BII

I have 2) 1989 BII's the donor BII's radio needs to go into the good BII's dash. I thought this would be a snap as I have switched radios in the past. The good radio has 2 rectangular plugs on the back. The dead radio has 1 rectangular plug that matches the good radio & one square plug that does...
  12. Engine swap questions

After removing the old trashed 2.9/5 speed from my 1989 BII I am now getting ready to put in the running 2.9/5 speed I have. I will be combining the best parts off both to make one good BII. I have a few questions; 1) When I look into the spline in the clutch where the input shaft of the...
  13. 89 BII timing off or?

I have an 1989 BII with a 2.9/5 speed. This truck hasn't been started in over a year. When I bought it the guy said it threw the timing chain. I opened it up and the chain looked like new. Checked the timing marks and they matched up. When I went to start it I put the light on it to see if the...
  14. Timing chain on a 89 BII

When replacing the timing chain on an 89 BII, 2.9 engine do you need to remove the water pump to remove the timing chain cover???
  15. BII hood will not open

The hood on my 1989 BII will not open. The cable isn't broken, it just won't pull out to open. I've been spraying the latch through the grill with penetrating oil but no luck yet.. Any other ides to open the hood???

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad