• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jaspers73964

1. 4x4 low wont engage

I have done the bulb tests and both indicators work on the gauge cluster. This evening I messed around some more to try and figure this out. I grounded connector 17 (brown pink) for the ccw relay and the transfer case went into low range, but no light on the dash which I expected since I'm...
  2. 4x4 low wont engage

I can't help but wonder about the speed sensor input. Could my ABS and speedometer work properly but not show that the vehicle is not moving for the GEM input?
  3. 4x4 low wont engage

I would suspect other issues if replacemet GEM was bad. Only reason I say that is the symptoms mine is showing are not common with other posts I've read. All of the issues I've read have other problems along with it. Unfortunately mine seems to be different. The replacement GEM is doing the...
  4. 4x4 low wont engage

I checked the contacts on the clutch pedal, 2 center pins have continuity without pedal pressed, outer contacts have continuity when pressed. I checked across all pins and made sure I didn't have continuity on pins that are part of the pairs.
  5. 4x4 low wont engage

Yes, all pins are fully seated in harness connector. None look to be flattened or bent
  6. 4x4 low wont engage

Update - I have replaced the GEM module with a refurbished unit and have the same results. No low range, and dash lights still do not illuminate when turning the key on. Any other thoughts to what could be the problem?
  7. 4x4 low wont engage

I am going to get one ordered and swap it out. I will update once I swap it out. Thank you for all the help!
  8. 4x4 low wont engage

I pulled #3 fuse, turned key to run, selected 4High and I could here the relay clicking but never had a 4wd indicator come on the dash. Turned ignition off, pushed fuse back in and turned key back on with selector still in 4High, and motor shifted into high range and light came on. Cruise does...
  9. 4x4 low wont engage

Yes, I do have cruise and it does work
  10. 4x4 low wont engage

Was not an Automatic that I'm aware of. So there no signaling from the clutch pedal straight to the GEM module then? Does the clutch signal come from the PCM and into the GEM on the 26 pin harness or the harness that plugs into the bottom of the GEM? I believe that the GEM module must be my...
  11. 4x4 low wont engage

I tested the pin 13 and am seeing 12V when pedal is pressed. When I test pin 22 there is 0 OHMS to vehicle ground. Pressing clutch pedal makes no changes. Checked for voltage on pin 22 and no voltage is present. Looking at the harness on the clutch pedal I do not see a RRD/WHT wire there. I...
  12. 4x4 low wont engage

I should also mention that when I turn the key on, the 4wd high and low lights do not illuminate. Reading in the manual, it states that they should momentarily illuminate.
  13. 4x4 low wont engage

Ron I tested the OHMS for the switch at the GEM harness and have the following 3,900 OHMS 2wd 1099 OHMS 4wd High 362 OHMS 4wd Low. I have also measured the voltage on the switch. 2wd 4 Volts 4wd High 2.637 Volts 4wd Low 1.343 Volts. I have the kick panel on passenger side removed and do...
  14. 4x4 low wont engage

Thank you Ron, My truck does not have PVH, but does have factory non vacuum wheel hub assemblies so the front axle is turning all the time. I have checked the fuse you mention and it is good. The truck does engage into 4 high and the light illuminates. I can turn the steering and feel it...
  15. 4x4 low wont engage

Hello. I have a 2000 4x4 Ranger 3.0 manual 5 speed. It has electric shift 4wd. I can select 4 high and the transfer case engages and the light on the dash illuminates, when I try 4 low, there is no light on the dash, no relay click, and I have the truck stopped, in neutral, brake pedal...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad