• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jaelaw89

1. Jaelaw89

Rebuilding my 2.9: a love story 😒

well I try not to over do it but you’re not wrong. In the end I decided to grind the crude out. I just couldn’t let it sit there like that. So I grabbed the dremel taped off the machined surface and went to town. Now I’m scared I didn’t clean all the metal shavings out. Don’t get me wrong I...
  2. Jaelaw89

So just pulled the motor again to replace the rear freeze plugs. I’m struggling with it a bit. In the photos you will see why. My question is since these are deep plugs should I worry that it’s not completely flush? It’s as close as I can get it.
  3. Jaelaw89

Manual shifter rebuild kit

definitely not 2wd. However it’s got the same housing for the shifter. It’s the only one I saw with the four bolt shifter housing. Is it possible that when whoever swapped this motor out they did the engine and transmission and just mounted their old transfer case on the back?
  4. Jaelaw89

Sure.
  5. Jaelaw89

Thanks guys. Based on what you guys gave me. I identify this as a fm132. Does that sound/seem correct
  6. Jaelaw89

Also is there something on the transmission that identifies it?
  7. Jaelaw89

Alright. That’s a start. Is it a fm146? I think that’s the Mitsubishi
  8. Jaelaw89

Ok guys help me out. I ordered a kit online to replace my shifter on my 89 ranger. It’s got what I thought was the manual m5r1/m5od (not sure on the difference) transmission. However this kit doesn’t match the parts. I have included a photo of what I have and what I got. Any clues on what I did...
  9. Jaelaw89

First truck 89 ranger xlt 4x4

man that’s crazy. Would you believe my truck was “free” also? I bought it for my wife’s cousin who payed me back then the truck wouldn’t start and she had already lost the wiper arms so she called me and said if I could get it started I could have it. And now here I am.
  10. Jaelaw89

89 manual transmission shifter kit

Ok guys help me out. I ordered a kit online to replace my shifter on my 89 ranger. It’s got what I thought was the manual m5r1/m5od (not sure on the difference) transmission. However this kit doesn’t match the parts. I have included a photo of what I have and what I got. Any clues on what I did...
  11. Jaelaw89

Update: got the motor broken in. Ran great. Got the timing done. Went to take it for it’s maiden voyage but I lost a freeze plug in the driveway. 🤦🏾‍♂️! Back in the garage it goes
  12. Jaelaw89

Motors back in and the break in is done. Now to fix the vacuum and exhaust leaks and adjust the timing. Took all day to drop it in. Somehow ended up tilted to the left but we got one bolt in and the rest lined up. “Let’s rebuild the motor I said it will be easy” 🤦🏾‍♂️ . Well she’s back in now...
  13. Jaelaw89

it was this one actually so it contains zinc and moly
  14. Jaelaw89

I used an assembly lube made by Lucas. It was green. Very thick. No clue if it was moly based.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad