• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jadenjdawg

1. Maf?

I have a weird issue, which i have come to believe to be an MAF problem. 98 4.0 with automatic transmission. Sometimes, if I idle for ten minutes or so, the idle becomes extremely rough. It will carry on once you take off, for the next 20 or 25 miles, and run very rough at all speeds. Then...
  2. Wheel bearings

So I ordered some new rotors online and when the came in I found out they are not the floating rotors, but have to take wheel bearings and all out, so I figured I might as well replace them. Couple questions, 1) Can the axel nut be reused? And what is the torque? What size is the nut?2) Are...
  3. Overheating when the AC is turned off.

Need some advice. I was recently driving down the road and noticed my temperature guage was rising and almost to Hot. I immediately pulled over to the side of the road, and switched on the AC to high. After doing this, the engine temperature went back down to normal, where it always runs...
  4. 1998 IDle Issues

Yesterday my 1998 4.0 started idling very rough. Whenver you try to give it gas it dies. This is the second time it has done this in two weeks. It only happend after driving for forty or fifty miles, when the engine is hot. This morning is started it up and drove across town with no issues...
  5. Rough Idle with Heat on

Hello all. Hoping this is an easy solution. My truck has recently started a horrible Idle problem. When the Heat is on, the truck will IDLE between 500 and 1200 RPM's. And, it is a rapid jump. It will bog down to 500 and almost kill the engine and all of a sudden jump up to 1200. If you do...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad