• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jabs2006

1. 1985 Manual Locking Hub Pop

I recently bought an 85 with manual hubs. When I lock the hubs and put it in either 4 hi or low,I get an intermittent pop from what sounds like the left front. Just additional information, when the pop occurs the steering wheel jerks to the left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. New in North Carolina

Yes I think it is, best quote I've gotten was $1400...seems a little high which was why I was thinking of just going with a long block. I just bought it and the guy delivered it about 120 miles so I feel it is somewhat roadworthy but it has a massive exhaust leak and a miss at idle. He said a...
  3. New in North Carolina

My apologies for being overly sensitive, but I do appreciate the humor. Thanks
  4. New in North Carolina

So glad this is such a good place for information and clever replies...I'm sure your'e well aware but the 2.3 was offered in a single plug (per cylinder) as well as a dual plug (per cylinder). I was simply trying to see if there was a difference in the block or the heads or just what may be...
  5. New in North Carolina

Thanks for the replies, I had looked at several different places and I guess I was under the impression that a single plug 2.3 from 1985 was a little more difficult to find than others...thanks again
  6. New in North Carolina

I have been waiting for some time to become a member and finally found an 85 2.3 4x4 5speed. I spent some time as a ford tech (99-09) and feel very well versed as far as those go but I just bought the 85 and am looking to do quite a bit of restoration to it. The first favor I's like to ask is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad