• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ITSA 7

1. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

What I am building is a race truck that I will drive on the street. Promised my wife that I would not build something that would run faster than 10.0 in the quarter. She thinks I am too old ( 86) to drive even that fast. Probably shouldn't tell her about the nitrous.
  2. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

If you see mine , I will probably be picking up the pieces at the starting line. The company where I purchased it said it will take a lot more horsepower than I can make, so I'm good.
  3. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Santa's elf that drives a big brown delivery truck stopped at my house today and left me a custom driveshaft for my Ranger. Maybe I will be able to install it this weekend. It is a shame that something that looks that good has to go under the truck and be out of sight.
  4. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Finished installing the fuel cell and fuel lines up to the carburetor. Battery boxes are next.
  5. What did YOU do today?

My daughter needed transportation--found her an 07 supercab Sport, 3.0.automatic,rear wheel drive with 49,000 miles on it. She is one happy lady.
  6. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Why not. ITSA 7.0L 351w with heads,cam and 4bbl carb,reverse pattern manual C-4 W/brake,Explorer 8.8 with 48in ladder bars,and 29.5 x 15W slicks.And if needed a 200 shot.
  7. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Yesterday I saw an add in Craigslist for an aluminum cap/camper shell that fit my 97 supercab Ranger---for $100--- It is now sitting in my driveway waiting for me to finish installing, fuel cell, fuel lines and batteries in the bed. I want to keep that stuff out of sight and maybe ad to the...
  8. NHRA regulations about wheel studs.

Dong Racing???-Google it.
  9. NHRA regulations about wheel studs.

If I remember correctly , you need to be running in the 9s to require a cage. A roll bar is good to 10.0s. Open lug nuts are require so the tech inspectors can check the length of the stud without removing the lugnut.
  10. Fabricating simple yet effective 4x4 "mud truck" frame

I bought a Titanium MIG 170 when they first came out.With all the discounts, I got a great deal.A couple of years later ,it still a better welder than I am
  11. Tell us why.

I do what I do because my wife keeps telling me to go for it. For almost 70yrs I have had a fast toy. Now that I am almost finished with my 557 BBF 95 F-350 Dually, I can start AGAIN putting my 351w in my 97 Ranger.I have found that if I am off road on a bike, car or truck it is because I am in...
  12. deleting hood supports

I have cut out everything but the perimeter bracing on several cars so I could mount a large hood scoop. Camshaft was the only reason the hood vibrated.
  13. Any toploader experts here?

What bellhousing are you using? Late model 5.0s take a longer input shaft than the earlier 302s.
  14. Muffler delete

Muffler delete---The only 4 cyl I like the sound of without a muffler says Suzuki or Kawasaki on the tank, and yes I am that guy.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad