• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by it_was_an_accident

1. it_was_an_accident

Fuel Delivery/ TPS Sensor problems

So I called around to the junkyards around here....there is 1 2.9 sitting in a salvage yard with a full wiring harness...and was going to cost me $300 + $40 in shipping....but I ended up wiring everything correctly, just had a bad diagram for spark plug wires to the distributor cap. THANK YOU...
  2. it_was_an_accident

I set it on fire

Update 2: After a very tiring and trying few weeks (started a job as a tire tech at a truck stop) I finally went back to work on the truck again, but with a fresh set of eyes. Got a buddy of mine from school to check it out. I overlooked the distributor cap and wire placement. The diagram that I...
  3. it_was_an_accident

Fuel Delivery/ TPS Sensor problems

Where did you find a wiring harness? I have been searching for about a month for a wiring harness for my 88 2.9 ranger.
  4. it_was_an_accident

I set it on fire

Can we put some perspective on this for me....what would I need for an engine swap (dont list the obvious...cherry picker, tools, etc.)? Is there anything from my truck that I can keep? This will be a buy as I go process, because the hope is to get the 2.9 engine going. Recommendations on...
  5. it_was_an_accident

I set it on fire

I had to find some humor in my situation
  6. it_was_an_accident

I set it on fire

I don't know anyone here...but I have a few people pushing me toward the 302
  7. it_was_an_accident

I set it on fire

So the latest update (keep in mind I am trying to do this on my own due to being new to an area, and not having many buddys around. So...at some point my secondary fuel pump went out. Changed it out and have fuel pressure again...still no (good) fire. I am thinking it is electrical...but an...
  8. it_was_an_accident

I set it on fire

Okay...i am sold on the 302...what all am I going to need (other than a buddy with a cherry picker) and an engine (what years should I look for/and with a transmission (or will my current trans bolt up). I know there was a thread on all of this...im just technologically disabled...and would like...
  9. it_was_an_accident

I set it on fire

Okay...I am at my wits end with this one. bought an 88 Ranger with a nice little lift on it. Guy said no compression, then described what happened...sounded to me like a fuel pump issue. Consulted with a buddy (for a trailer and what I should offer) and settled at $750. Change out the fuel pump...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad