• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by independentreb12

1. Lurker for years and a space cadet....

A) that makes two of us as to what I am trying to accomplish, that's why I am looking to get some clarity and direction from the masses who have done this. 1) as for block number I could probably do that, what I do know is that I was told the engine was from the 70s, however when I ordered...
  2. Lurker for years and a space cadet....

But for ease of and potentially finding a diamond in the rough i should perhaps looks for a 302 from a late sixties to 85 with a carb as to keep electronics to a minimum. And with what your saying that date range if not up to mid 90's would mount up to my current c4. I'm stuck on the c4 because...
  3. Lurker for years and a space cadet....

Negative, sorry for lack of details. The 86 is a standard with the 2.9 4wd. The 85 is the 302 and c4 automatic also 4wd. So my best bet would be transplant the 302 and auto to the 86? I know I will need at least a body lift to make it easier or doable (haven't researched that yet). Or if I am...
  4. Lurker for years and a space cadet....

So long story short here is the scoop.... Years back (3-5) I bought an 85 regular cab with 4wd. Lifted a good amount on 33''s but I didn't really focus on the lift and what not. It was an insane impulse buy that had a 302 already in it and a c4 mated to it. I never tested the four wheel drive...
  5. Same but different/can i reuse?

Thank you for the reply. I've actually been a lurker for years. My first vehicle was actually an 1985 ranger. So going the nostalgic route. But anyways, what I'm leaning towards is keeping the c4 and jumping on the 83 302. Would the 83 mount to the c4? The current engine is ehh if you know what...
  6. Same but different/can i reuse?

Currently I have an 84 with a 302 (mid to late 60's) and c4 in it. Body is shot and I picked up an 87 to reswap. The 87 is a stick however. With that being said, I have a lead on an 83 302 engine. For ease of install should I keep the c4 which was rebuilt and mate the 83 or find a donor 5 speed...
  7. 1984 Ford Ranger reg cab and longbed. Engine swap options.

Can I hijack this thread? If so where is the best place to get a reman 2.9 or long block? Jasper? Lkq etc? I bought an 87 from California and had it shipped to New York but due to family and time constraints the 302 swap is on the back burner and now just leaning towards a like for like swap...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad