• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by holmes1

1. OD lockout won't work

I have a 2001 Ranger 4.0 with automatic. The OD lockout on the gear selector doesn't work. I can push the button, but it won't take the trans out of OD. I can find no fuse blown, and the indicator light on the dash doesn't come on. (it used to work)
  2. Chirping front brake

I have been changing my own brake pads since I got this truck, (mailman) and have always had a "chirp" that's constant. I figured that I was doing something wrong, so when I had it aligned, I had the brakes done too, He replaced the rotors and pads and I still have a chirp. Anyone else have...
  3. 4.0 ECM troubles

2001 4.0 4x4 Ranger I have a "check engine" light, but the code reader says that there is a power problem. There isn't power to the code reader jack on the pin that there should be power. This vehicle hasn't been wrecked, and the wiring looks good. I've had problems with the ECM before, when...
  4. engine codes

I have a 2001 Ranger, 4.0, 4x4. I recently got a "check engine" light. When I hook up my code scanner, I get a power failure listing on the scanner. I can hook up the scanner to my GM, and it works fine, so it is not the scanner. It just doesn't see the computer. Any ideas?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad