• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by HoleshotKFX400

1. HoleshotKFX400

LS1 Ranger

Did anyone put a LS1 in a ranger yet, any pictures... Im thinking I might build one for my truck... You can get like 500hp easy with some ported stock heads and a cam, what do you guys think?
  2. HoleshotKFX400

First 1/4 mile times

Just got my truck back together about 2 days ago after blowing not 1, but 2 of the headgaskets. I just got home from the track... a little disapointed, but i did okay. I had slicks on, stock rear suspention. I ran a best of 14.336 @ 96 with a 2.3 60ft time. I think thats terrible but oh well. My...
  3. HoleshotKFX400

Fuel Injection 5.0/5.0HO confusion

Alright, as of right now my truck is has a carb'd 302, 1966 block non roller motor in it. I just bought a 1988 thunderbird 5.0 non HO (thought it was) for $500. All i bought the thunderbird for was the fuel injection, because i want to turbo my truck and want the tuneablity. Now If im right, the...
  4. HoleshotKFX400

Head Gasket Bad?

Earlier i posted that my overflow was overflowing... I think i figured out why. When I start the truck i have bubbles in my radiator... so i figured id compression check the cylinders. I pull the spark plugs out and all of them have a greenish yellow tint coated on them. The cylinders read: 1-...
  5. HoleshotKFX400

Overflow, Overflowing

Alright... I have a Griffin 19x24x3 Radiator, electric fan... My engine runs from 150 to about 165(bad day). When I drive it normal... not taking it over a 1/4 throttle its fine. If I dump on it as soon as i let off of it like half the coolent in the radiator pours into the overflow, and...
  6. HoleshotKFX400

Figuring out compression ratio

Does anyone know how to figure out compression ratio without ripping all kinds off stuff apart... like a easy way? When I bought my motor I bought it from my buddys dad... his son had built it but passed away but he didnt know all the specs on it. I was told i have to run race gas but I have no...
  7. HoleshotKFX400

Problems with the lights in guages

Anyone know what color wire the hot to the lights that make the guages glow when you turn the dimmer switch. Ive studied the wiring diagrams top to bottem and cant figure it out. I think it might be LTGRN/YEL but im not sure:secret:
  8. HoleshotKFX400

Speedo Gear

Is there a website or something that i can use to figure out what tooth speedometer gear I need. I have a c4, 8.8 w/ 3:73, and 28 tall hoosier slicks.
  9. HoleshotKFX400

First Drive

I got to finally drive my truck today, fixed the dreaded breakline that runs from the front all the way to the back, boy that thing is long... filled it up with tranny fluid and took it for a rip down the road. Open headers and no hood, all the people were looking at me lol. I jumped on it about...
  10. HoleshotKFX400

yet another wiring question

Got everything wired up i believe but i cant turn the motor over with the key, i think its the clutch switch that only lets you start it with the clutch depressed. How do i jump this, and where is the switch... I believe its under the dash on the clutch pedel right? but what two wires do i have...
  11. HoleshotKFX400

This might be a dumb questions

Do you need a alternator hooked up for to turn over an engine?
  12. HoleshotKFX400

Throttle Cable

Did everyone use a stock throttle cable with the swap?, With the carb setup, didnt have the thottle cable hooked up to the carb but it seemed to bind when i pushed the pedel in because i have to twist the cable in like a u to get it in position right
  13. HoleshotKFX400

8.8 Rear U bolts

Another rear question, What size are the u bolts on the 89-94ish i guess style exploder 8.8...like length and width... thanks guys
  14. HoleshotKFX400

Rear setup

Okay Finally got my rear from the junkyard today, L/S 3:73 8.8 for $35 bucks :). Got a question though... I know that i will have to weld the shock mounts from my ranger axle on the 8.8 and im going to move the springs under the axle like on the exploder to drop the rear like 2-3 inches... My...
  15. HoleshotKFX400

Wiring Question

I have a 89 ranger, its in the process of getting a carb'd 302. Will my lights and things work if i take out the wiring harness that runs from the computer to the motor and to the power dist box? Also, when I hook up my msd ignition what wire does the red "switched 12 volts"(comes out of msd...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad