• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by hillbillydeluxe89

1. hillbillydeluxe89

87 ranger 4x4 engine swap HELP

Thanks, fellas. I will definitely do a little more research. @gaz thanks for the breakdown. I’ll see what I can round up for parts. All in all the 2.9 doesn’t quite have the power I’m looking for but fit the tune being just doing a rebuild will suffice.
  2. hillbillydeluxe89

@gaz After just talking with a buddy and your insight I think just doing a rebuild is the best option for now. Is it worth going to upgraded camshaft/oversized bore and pistons or just going OEM the whole way?
  3. hillbillydeluxe89

Thank you very much. I too prefer the first gen dash look. For the paint I was a little nervous using the raptor liner! Olive drab with 15% reducer and it seems to have laid down nicely. Thinking about doing a clear coat on top of it. Not sure yet. for the wiring swap on an obd2 explorer into...
  4. hillbillydeluxe89

Brand new to the forum and honestly just getting into the thick of the mechanic side of things. I bought the ranger from TN and brought it to Ohio. Was told it ran good just needed tranny work. Long story short the engine was junk. I did have the A4LD rebuilt though. Lots of lessons learned in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad