• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by gstuartw

1. TFI Recommend

@franklin2 Thanks for your reply. I'm curious as to why Accel chose to identify their products as A/T or M/T. Go figure. By the way the manufacturer of the relo kit recommended the M/T version of the Acell. Not making judgments. Her is the McCully Racing Motors kit I chose to splurge on. I...
  2. TFI Recommend

Hello Some of you might have read my post Fuel starved '88 B2? and are aware of my current project on my manual transmission '88 B2 XLT. I am will soon be in the process of installing a remote TFI kit and will be purchasing a new TFI. I would like advice form other B@ owners on the following...
  3. Fuel starved '88 B2?

UPDATE: The TFI relocation kit is on order and I expect it soon. I won't be able to get to it for weeks. I'll keep y'all up to date when I have news. Stuart
  4. Fuel starved '88 B2?

Upate. The fluid that has been spewing around the engine compartment is definitely power steering fluid and just a coincidental event. It seems the ears on the cap of the reservoir are weak and are flexing under the pressure enough to dislodge the cap. I'll be replacing that right away. I am...
  5. Fuel starved '88 B2?

NITB, yeah I noticed that in the most recent episode and corrected that, thanks.
  6. Fuel starved '88 B2?

NITB, you bring up a sore point, one that if I was more bashful I'd not admit but then my wife is always shaking her head at what I admit. I KNEW I should have not accepted that Mechanic A said it looked ok. I had a pump and sending unit in my Autozone online basket ready to bring to him. My...
  7. Fuel starved '88 B2?

Damn Ron, thanks for such a comprehensive set of instructions.
  8. Fuel starved '88 B2?

Thanks Ron. While the B2 was with Mechanic C he did spray Quick Start into the intake and it started up and ran until it burned that off. (I knew I missed something in my initial post!)
  9. Fuel starved '88 B2?

Maybe someone here can offer advice and where to proceed. I apologize, this is a long read but I figure any details I can provide up front might reduce a back and forth of questions. Here is the history of this issue. Before driving this vehicle on a 400 mile trip I noticed a small amount...
  10. Kill switch brainstorm

Yes, definitely don't want to be target. I keep this in a locked garage day and night and typically and avoid street parking anytime I drive, preferring parking in a lot when out on errands etc.
  11. Kill switch brainstorm

Haha, "it's its own "kill switch". I agree with the sentiment Ron, funny thought. But as far as "...kids will be kids", in this case I'm confident there might be more than "kids" interested in mine here in Central Mexico. Given the arduous inspection process to license a vehicle it'll take a...
  12. Where are the VIN numbers found on the Bronco II?

Wow! Thanks for the excellent explanation.
  13. Where are the VIN numbers found on the Bronco II?

While looking for frame VINs I noticed what seems to be a port that normally has a hose connected. This is below the battery on my '88 B2, can anyone tell me what its for and if something is missing, if so what are the ramifications? Thanks Stuart
  14. Where are the VIN numbers found on the Bronco II?

Can anyone take a picture of the location of your frame stamped VIN please? I’m not interested in the VIN itself just a good photo to help me locate mine. Thanks Stuart
  15. Where are the VIN numbers found on the Bronco II?

On those frame stamps, were they stamped into the frame itself or a plate that’s attached to the frame?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad