• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by griz700rocket

1. griz700rocket

99 Explorer Limited Coil Over Conversion

As purchased off craigslist for $650. 99 Explorer 5.0 Limited with 135k on it. Transfer case is shot and has some pretty good body damage on passenger rear. Had a local body shop fix the damage. He gave me a really good deal since they were slow and I paid cash. Also swapped in a BW4406...
  2. griz700rocket

Ranger 5.0 and solid axle swap

Donor - $650 craigslist find. Transfer case went out and they got the bright idea to pull the front driveshaft and CV shafts. Made it a few miles before the drivers side front wheel bearing came apart and the tire fell off. Only has 125k miles but the body is kinda rough. I have two other...
  3. griz700rocket

2000 Explorer Sport 4WD Conversion

Picked up a rust free 2000 explorer sport last week. It's a 2wd 5 speed in really good condition overall. It does not have the monoleaf rear springs which surprised me. I bought this knowing I had 90% of the parts to convert it over to 4WD left over from solid axle swapping my 99. Here's a...
  4. griz700rocket

1999 Explorer Sport SAS

I'm starting a build thread mostly so I can keep track of where I am at on this build. Here's the project vehicle as it sits currently. Spring over axle in back with shorter shackles, full coil over conversion in front. Aussie locker in back and lock-right in front. I haven't made up my...
  5. griz700rocket

TTB Caster off after leveling kit

I bought 2 Moog K80109 caster camber adjusters and a few washers from Ace hardware. Added 8 washers under the drivers side coil and 6 under the passenger. As expected the camber was off a few degrees so I threw the adjusters in no problem. Here's the issue. I can set camber at 0 but the best...
  6. griz700rocket

New to me Ranger

Became a member here a while back when I bought a 99 Explorer Sport. Look up this same username at explorerforum if you want to check it out. It's getting retired from daily driver into a weekend play toy. Hopefully do a SAS on it sometime when funds allow. My new daily driver is a 96 5...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad