• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by funinthemud

1. funinthemud

explorer 8.8 swap ebrake cables

i've been searchin and really haven't found my answer. but anyways i swapped an 8.8 from an 01 explorer into my 03 ranger. i was wondering what you guys have used or done to get the ebrake cables to work together?
  2. funinthemud

has anyone had this problem with chevy spring swap

it happened pulling out of my garage.. i had to use a prybar to pop it back up. i read on pirate that u measure the flat length of springs - shackle length + 1/2" = the distance from bolt hole to bolt hole on the 2 hangers. so 63"-4.5"+1/2"=59". they are currently at 60.5" which is what i got...
  3. funinthemud

toyota steering box ??

ok so i'm almost done with my sas on my 03. i have a toyota steering box (which is about all i could find that would fit). those of you guys that have done it, the pitman arm has the tie rod end on it.. how do i go about punching a hole in it for my 1 ton chevy tre? i have a reamer for it i just...
  4. funinthemud

Spartan Lockers?

oh boy nevermind i just saw they are not recomended for tire size over 33" my 38's would probably crush that thing.
  5. funinthemud

Spartan Lockers?

anybody see these yet. http://compare.ebay.com/like/390251415827?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=182311007031&crlp=1_263602_309572&UA=%3F*F%3F&GUID=1d92b0121290a06c1c470767ffc1f9b7&itemid=390251415827&ff4=263602_309572 looks similar to the lock-right. anybody have one?
  6. funinthemud

Project New Direction

Ok so i got bored with my old build cuz it was taking me too long. I came across this so i decided to go another route. $1,500 for an 03 4x4 couldn't pass it up. Here is the link to the old thread. still the same idea just a reg cab instead of an xcab. and i'm going to do a flat/tube bed...
  7. funinthemud

fan only works on full blast

it does it in ac and heat. my dads focus has the same problem. the heat or ac can be on but the fan will only work on the highest power. any suggestions? dad put a new switch in his and it didn't fix it. i may have another gage cluster layin around i'm gonna try but i thought i'd ask to see if...
  8. funinthemud

98+ sas steering box question

whats everybody using and how do you like it. i've seen some toyota boxes and eb, but are there any other options? thats were i'm at on my build and not finding a lot of info on it
  9. funinthemud

ordering a locker & gears have question

i'm going for the lockrite or the aussi locker and 5.13 gears for my 8.8 31 spline and d44. the 8.8 lockers all read they are for open diffs, mine is limited slip. can i use the carrier out of my 28 spline 8.8 that came off the ranger.
  10. funinthemud

what years pedals can i use

i have a 98 i am putting a 5 speed in from a auto. i need to find a clutch/brake pedal assembly. what years can i us?
  11. funinthemud

swapped to a manual. what harnesses will work

i have a 98 i sas'ed and swapped to a 5 speed. what years can i pull the haness and computer from and keep it plug and play?? or do i really need a new harness??
  12. funinthemud

any drive on beaches near hilton head?

i'm headed to hilton head for the first time and i'm tryin to decide if i wanna take the ranger or not. i googled it and found carolina beach but thats too far away, other than that the other one was outer banks. thanks guys
  13. funinthemud

my new 96 STX all power

i bought it yesterday. i already changed the carpet out. it was nasty. its a lil rusty but the cab is all good. i'm gonna merge this one in with the sas i've been workin on. i just got tired of messin with the body on the other one. my plan is to swap this cab down on the other frame, once i...
  14. funinthemud

3rd to 4th gen sheetmetal swap

there needs to be a tech write up on this. people r claiming they have done it without changing the core support, but i can't find any pics. i'm going to start one on my 96, if there isn't one by then i guess i will have to write one up :headbang:
  15. funinthemud

auto to manual on a 98 4x4

ok i know it been covered but i'm not finding the answer i need. i am swapping in a m5od on my 98 4.0 4x4. what years m50d will fit my 4.0? i think it was 96ish when they went to the sohc, and i remember the bell housing is different. just want to make sure before i buy anything i cant use...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad