Recent content by Freshmeat

1. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

Made a bit of progress in recent weeks... We swapped out the 7.5” with 3.45s for a Ranger 8.8” with 4.10s. It’s open diff, 28-spline, and drums, but I’m fine with that. I don’t need 31-splines for a street driver and I’ll toss in a TrueTrac later for better traction in the yard. It’s the much...
  2. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

See if this works... I figure I’m well overdue for an updated pic... Between the new coils and the 31s it sits pretty much exactly how I wanted. I’m looking into leaf fitment to try to run a newer set of springs, but will simply replace the bushings in these if needed. Next move is to get the...
  3. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

So after doing some digging, the '95 unit is a lot "fatter", so it'll hit the air box on the '94. I'm not at all opposed to converting over to the '95 air box so I can run the newer overflow/washer bottle. Just need to catch one at the junk yard. It's been doing fine without the overflow so far...
  4. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

I saw that. My plan was to get to the yard when I see a 1995 pop up and see how it looks. I've got $20 that says I can make it work... and if not, I have a Hobart 220 that could assist with mounting. Haha
  5. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

Holy shit, man- that's good intel right there! Thank you for the lead!! I'm hoping they may have an overflow/windshield bottle, as I shattered mine putting it back in the other day. Oops!
  6. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

It runs!! Turned out to be the positive battery cable, as expected. It has a tank of really old gasoline (estimating 2 years) but it's actually running perfectly fine, so I'm going to run this down, then change the filter and put in some fresh fuel. Dropping the tank to clean it out is on the...
  7. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

I remember being in high school (6', give or take) and my brother, who had 3-4" on me... we would both cram into the jump seats in this thing to go places with my grandparents. These days, my wife won't even discuss the possibility of my 6yo sitting back there. Hahaha
  8. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

Diving into this all over again... Back in 2012 I rebuilt the top end with all new accessories (minus A/C), new clutch and hydraulics, and new brakes... and gave it to my dad for Christmas since it was his dad's truck... I had tracked down some 15" Explorer wheels that matched the original 14"...
  9. Freshmeat

Bellhousing Bolt Size?

I've had my 3.0 Vulcan motor sitting on the garage floor for about three years. Finally pulled it out to put it on the stand but can't find the bellhousing bolts. With a hurricane on its way I'd rather get it off the floor tonight just in case it does flood in my garage. Anyone know the...
  10. Freshmeat

Any TN/KY/NC Members?

I'm considering a move to Knoxville, TN. Anyone here in that general area? Curious about the lifestyle and industry in the area.
  11. Freshmeat

Swap body or drivetrain?

Soon I'll be tackling the task of swapping most of the drivetrain from a 4x4 '93 donor into my 4x2 '94 truck. Thinking about the engine crossmember and such... would it be easier to swap the bodies? Both are extra cabs so I'm not seeing why it wouldn't work. I know there's a lot of wiring going...
  12. Freshmeat

Any difference from 93 to 94?

Long story short, I'm looking at grabbing a 93 to drop the drivetrain into my 94. Can anyone think of a reason this wouldn't work? I know the slave cylinder changed at some point but figure I can use the 93 line also if needed.
  13. Freshmeat

Quick Cylinder Head Question

I know on most engines cylinder heads don't care whether they're on the left bank or right. I just want to confirm it to be true on the Vulcan 3.0. I cracked my right head at the exhaust flange. There's a '95 3.0 Ranger at the yard with the left side all stripped down. Just need to pull intake...
  14. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

My grandfather ordered his truck in 1993 as a 1994 year model truck. First year of Ford owning Mazda and he was so excited about all the great new things that would come of it. He was always very simple. It's a STX package with manual windows/locks, manual transmission, etc. I'm pretty sure the...
  15. Freshmeat

Re-introduction...

I've been a member here for several years, mostly getting information for the random Ford trucks I've had. I'm back, this time checking up on information regarding a semi-restoration of my 1994 Ranger STX. The truck will never be sold and it has massive sentimental value to me, so before anyone...