• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

franklin2's latest activity

• franklin2 replied to the thread Key sticking in Park.
    Cable/Bracket Adjustment Place the gearshift lever (7210) in the (D) position and hang a 1.4 kg (3 lb) weight on the shift...
  • I was going to say, on the full size trucks with this suspension, 1.5 inches lift is about the max you can go and still get it in...
  • Don't have any experience with your combo, but I have had a lot of snow driving experience, and doggy can be a good thing in snow and...
  • New parts now are terrible. Looks like you are really getting into this troubleshooting on the older systems, and since your grandson...
  • Probably could do it all in one test and get a complete different set of codes depending on what was wrong. I would pull the battery...
  • You will get code 21 if the engine is not between 50-250 degrees. Easy to get this code when the engine is cold and the test is run...
  • franklin2 replied to the thread Duraspark conversion..
    There idea was more consistent air temperature entering the carb. Along with the hose to the radiator support, you will notice a pipe...
  • franklin2 replied to the thread new shifter kit leaking M5od.
    You are ok if you filled it from the hole in the side. I thought you may have filled it through the shifter hole in the top. You can...
  • If you find a yard that has what you want, keep some other things in mind that you might need and make a day of it.
  • Not sure where you are in Canada, but I put your truck in www.car-part.com and put in I was looking for a frame, and it did interchange...
  • franklin2 replied to the thread new shifter kit leaking M5od.
    I was looking in the Ford manual on the M5OD here...
  • franklin2 replied to the thread 98 No Crank No Start.
    I see what the other guys are saying now, I thought you had the common Ford starter relay on the fender, but you don't. You just have a...
  • franklin2 replied to the thread IAC valve not working?.
    When you unplug the idle air control valve, the rpms should drop very low. Since the don't, either you have air coming in feeding the...
    Here is the ignition switch part of the circuit that feeds the theft relay in the other diagram.
    Looking at the diagram for the 3.0 or 4.0, it looks like it has some sort of anti-theft relay at the top of the circuit. I wonder where...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad