• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Fpoon

1. Fpoon

1998 3.0 Ranger - Torque converter won’t fully seat

Update: Pulled it off, reset the TC and went all the way on and is rubbing bellhousing! Thank you all seriously I wouldn’t have even thought to have hammered any tranny component out of fear of breaking it.
  2. Fpoon

okay so I believe it clunked twice however I’m left with roughly 1/4 inch sticking further than the bellhousing. I thought a straight edge was able to run across without bonking any part of the TC?
  3. Fpoon

Okay I have re-insterted in the same orientation that I pulled it out, fully bottomed out this is what I’m seeing.
  4. Fpoon

Okay so she came out finally after the vice grip hammer method, was careful not to damage the splines. Below are pictures of the input shaft. The side with 1 inch of spline was the end on the outside of the tranny and the 7/8 side was on the inside of the tranny.
  5. Fpoon

I’m almost positive. I went as far as draining and flushing my old one and attempting to seat it as well. Same result.
  6. Fpoon

Just saw this, When I attempted to pull it out, I put blue masking tape over the input shaft end and then vice gripped it, however no matter how much I turn it or how hard I pull or jerk it wont come out. Do I need to put it in a specific gear or mess with anything on the rear of the tranny?
  7. Fpoon

I’m suspecting that’s the culprit. I colored the flat sections of the bottom of my torque converter with marker to see if it would show marks indicating it’s being seated, after several attempts not a single mark indicating it’s bottoming out on the input shaft before it can seat fully. Im not...
  8. Fpoon

If anyone has any knowledge on how to retract this or if it’s wrong please let me know, in a bit of a bind trying to figure this out.
  9. Fpoon

Well there definitely appears to be a discrepancy there, mine appears to be extended out. I’ve read it can be retracted fully by being pulled first then pushed back in possibly? Regardless I’ve attached a photo of the input shaft.
  10. Fpoon

Edit: To specify I have the 4r44e with 4x4 if that helps
  11. Fpoon

Hi there, I have a 1998 Ranger 3.0 with the 4r44e. I am currently in the process of replacing my transmission that had grenade’d with a used one I bought with ~90k miles on it, came with the torque converter. The primary issue is the torque converter absolutely will not achieve the third...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad